Need some help on figuring out a serial number.

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
Dennis
MC crawler
MC crawler

Need some help on figuring out a serial number.

Post by Dennis » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:20 pm

Hi Folks,
I am looking to purchase a JD 350 up here in Washington State.
The owner stated that the tag lists it as a Model T4F3D, Serial # 084551T.
Any idea what vintage this is and what it is worth?
He is asking $11,500.
I have not yet traveled to look at it.
I had the owner email some additioal photos and on the surface it look real nice.
Machine has recent paint job and has 5000 hrs on it.
Slight elongation on the sprockets.
Diesel engine, 6 way blade, ROPS
Any feed back would be apperciated.
Dennis Stewart
Toutle Washington

Dennis
MC crawler
MC crawler

I'm attemtping to post a couple of pictures of this

Post by Dennis » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:38 pm

Hi Again,

I thought I would attempt to post a picture to see if this might help with deciding what this is and it value.
Thanks,
Dennis Stewart
Toutle Washington

digitup
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by digitup » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:37 pm

That unit is a 1968 build and in decent shape by the looks of things.I would have to change the color though .Use the old deep yellow color for originality the newer color is a shade creamier yellow and my old 350C wide track was painted that way .I blasted it and got the old proper yellow to look right . In the 80s Deere went to a led free color and that is why the color change happened .So if you can get past the led induced contact high when you paint it . Just keep the kids from chew en on it after if you know what I mean.The roll bar is black along with the dash and grill also . They are a nice little play toy .I took my blade and added a sheet of stainless to it .I only use it in the mud and peat bog .As low land in my area is high in acid and the blade would rust up in minutes after you shut it off .Mine wont get many hours on it so I don't have to shine it up later this way also.You should be able to get that amount for it plus on resale if it is the right color and in good shape it is worth nearly twice that .So see if you can find the JOHN DEERE side plates for the hood and a sticker kit should do the rest of the dress up job .Lavoy may be able to help you with these parts .Digitup.

Matty B
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by Matty B » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:52 pm

dont be fooled by a nice paint job, that is the cheapest part of fixing a dozer. often times people will but a worn out dozer and paint it up to make it look good for an unsuspecting buyer. I just bought a 350 with a winch in washington for $6200 with a near perfect undercarriage, just stuck steering clutches from sitting 5 years. if you can work on them you are much better off finding a machine that no one has prettied up to sell. just my opinion.
JD 350B Dozer
Oliver OC3 Dozer
Case 310 Loader
Struck mini-dozer

digitup
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by digitup » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:15 am

I also noticed on the photos that the left track is on back words no big problem.The front idlers are riding on the back of the guides that is a good sign the tracks should be in good condition .If they ran the tracks that tight I would slack them off a bit .It looks like it was kept decent .Digitup.

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:47 am

The thing I question is it appears to me that the track adjusters are at about the end of the track frame, so I would assume the pins and bushings are shot.
Lavoy

CatD8RII
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by CatD8RII » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:48 am

Thats probably why its for sale Lavoy! New chains without pads are about $3000 from Deere. Also I thought that JD switched from "old construction yellow" to the new stlye on Nov 1 1991 or 92, I can't remember but its labeled right on the spray can.

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:59 am

The yellow on that one looks to me like "paint code 99 on sale at the local hardware store yellow."
I believe you are correct on the changeover date for the new yellow.
Lavoy

digitup
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by digitup » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:02 pm

If I blow that up it just digitizes all to a blur you are correct about that tracks are worth a lot for those 350s .Mine are in nice shape but a friend of mine has a ZBT trencher made in Sarnia Ontario and that is what they user for cutter chain on them .Every year he gets a new chain for that trencher He says the price is going through the roof on that track size as they don't sell as much any more.I would guess that it has something to do with the fact that they quit making a machine for that size of track in 1997 .Digitup

Dennis
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by Dennis » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:55 pm

Hi All,

I want to thank everyone that replied to this post.
I have recieved some good information.
I am still on the look out for a JD dozer and will take to heart all this good information you all have provided to me.

Thanks,
Dennis Stewart
Toutle Washington