350B:fuel oil in crankcase

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
GregA
MC crawler
MC crawler

350B:fuel oil in crankcase

Post by GregA » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:17 pm

I hope someone can help me with this problem which has me completely baffled.My 350B developed a fuel problem which caused it to splutter and stop after 20 minutes or so. If I left it for a while it would start and run again for a while. I had the injector pump rebuilt,changed filters and blew out the lines.Now I find a lot of fuel oil is getting into the crankcase so I installed a new fuel transfer pump and the problem persists. Is it possible that a seal was left out of the injector pump or what. How is fuel getting into the crankcase -I will be grateful for any informed assistance . GregA

digitup
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by digitup » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:48 pm

there are only two places that it could be 1 the fuel pump and2 the injector pump .The fuel pump can get a leak in the diaphram and the injector pump would have a plug left out inside the housing .Look at both but chances are that injector pump needs a plug if the problem did not exist before the rebuild took place .Digitup.

CatD8RII
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Umbrella Seal

Post by CatD8RII » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:58 pm

Im assuming that the 350B's used the same injection pump as the early 350C's (having a 152 c.i. engine). Should be a Roosa-Master DB2. There is an dual umbrella seal on the pump drive shaft that could also cause fuel into the crankcase. Its listed under the fuel injection pump drive group on the parts website.

digitup
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by digitup » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:27 pm

You might get lucky and replace that umbrella seal through Deere parts rather than go to the Injector pump re builder .My re builders like to hose you for the parts .Or maybe they just want to retire early with my money.I guess if you cant find a plug in the hole or don't know what that seal looks like you may have to take it back to the re builder good luck .Digitup.

GregA
MC crawler
MC crawler

fuel in oil pan

Post by GregA » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:28 pm

Problem was one of the seals on the injector pump shaft was damaged when the mechanic reinstalled the pump -now replaced and should be no further problem - thanks all of you -- Greg