Service manual for 350

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
gcgrant
430 crawler
430 crawler

Service manual for 350

Post by gcgrant » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:16 pm

The drive on the right side of my 350 dozer no longer works. When I bought it 6 months ago, I knew it was a little weak. Now there is nothing there. Very frustrating to get anything done, a lot of toing and froing! So now I'm going to bite the bullet and rebuild the clutches. From following the forum, I would imagine that the general consensus would be to rebuild both clutches and brakes while everything is pulled apart?
I do not have a service manual. What should I expect to pay for one? And are sections available by themselves? I had a look around eBay, but didn't see anything.
Any suggestions would be appreciated re the manual or the clutch rebuild.
George

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Tigerhaze » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:14 am

You can buy the service manuals directly from Deere but they are a little more pricey than buying on E-Bay. You can find the manuals for your 350 at:

http://www.johndeeretechinfo.com/index. ... ductScroll

Just do a search for 350- you will need to look closely at the descriptions because there are also dump trucks and excavators with that designation. I assumed you had a straight 350 (no B, C, D, etc.). The 350 crawler dozer/loader service manual is SM2063 and is approximately $142 from that site.

I would suggest getting a parts manual also- it actually shows the assembly order of parts pretty well and will be indispensible if you need to order parts from Deere. It is PC921 and is approximately $61.

I think you can also get these on CD/DVD at a cheaper price from Deere; they are also on the website.

You should verify the manual numbers before ordering.
(1) JD Straight 450 crawler dozer with manual outside blade; (2) JD 2010 diesel crawler loaders; (1) JD 2010 diesel dozer with hydraulic 6-way blade; (2) Model 50 backhoe attachments, misc. other construction equipment

670johndeere
40C crawler
40C crawler

Post by 670johndeere » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:40 pm

You can also go to John Deere .com and purchase manual's. I purchased a download that I just saved on my computer. A good service manual is a must. I feel your pain about the final's going out. I just purchased my 350B at the end of April, and the guy said it was ready to work. Well, ready to work on is what he should have said, I've had to replace the fan belt, dosen't seem too bad, but the mechanism that disengages the hyd pump was froze, I've had to replace the starter selenoid, PITA to remove, replaced one injector, another PITA, it was stuck, and just recently added to my list pulling both final drives, one side I had to replace the whole clutch pack, ( fibers, metal discs, pressure plate) , the other side I got lucky and just cleaned it up and adjusted it. You will need to get yourself a clutch finger adjustment gage, it is called a JD-7 gage. Just to give you a heads up, if your dozer has been sitting a while, your metal parts in your final, is probably pretty rusted up, so you will probably need new steel plates and pressure plate. Mine was really rusted and pitted up. Removing the finals, isn't too bad of job, just a little time comsuming the first time knowing what bolts need to be removed. I'm not professional buy no means, but me and my two buddies are getting pretty good at removing the finals. LOL Unfortunately. Good Luck Dale
Diehard John Deere Man