What to do, 2010 or 350???

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
Stan Disbrow
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Stan Disbrow » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:49 pm

Hi,

I doubt it. I was the only one in the family that was into photography. I took lots of shots of lots of things at the time, but I never thought to take photos of farm equipment, unless it was something really old sitting rusting with a tree growing out of it.

The 3010 crawlers were interesting to me as machines to work with, but not as photographic art. Up until last week, these were Just Another Tractor as far as I was concerned. I figured that they were something else Deere had produced for the bigger farm like the 8010's and 8020's and whatnot. You know, not as common as the 4020's, but around the country here and there.

The farm that had them went out in the mid to late 1980's and everything went to auction. I have no idea where the machines got to. I do know I never saw them again, though. If I had, I'd have remembered them. My guess is that they went for scrap iron, which is what most old farm equipment went for at auctions at the time. Lots of farms went out in that area in the 1980's, and most of the machines were pretty played out and so went for scrap. That's so sad, actually.

It's the old 'if I had known' syndrome. I'd have bought one of the 3010 crawlers at auction if I knew it was so rare that it didn't exist!

Actually, I'd rather have that original Model 'C' my uncle had in the showroom if I could. Now, *that* must be worth quite a bit these days. That's something else I have no idea what happened to. I know it was no longer in his collection when he passed on. He was such a wheeler-dealer, though, he probably sold it for gold when he shuttered the tractor shop in 1982.

Stan
There's No Such Thing As A Cheap Crawler!

Useta Have: '58 JD 420c 5-roller w/62 inside blade
Useta Have: '78 JD350C w/6310 outside blade
Useta Have: '68 JD350, '51 Terratrac GT-25
Have: 1950 M, 2005 x495, 2008 5103 (now known as 5045D)

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:54 pm

Oh well, it was a nice thought.
lavoy