john deere 350 b please help

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
rjamesh2008
420 crawler
420 crawler

john deere 350 b please help

Post by rjamesh2008 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:03 pm

first of thanks for the invite ,, i have learned so much info from your column and users that i understand a lil more bout the equipment ,, but i have a 350 b that was givin too me by my father ,, the engine was totally rebuilt and the cutter clutches and track chains were replace to ne condition , ,, machine cranks up very well on the first start now ,, and works fairly well , but she has been giving me some fits lately ,, when out regular flat running she works good ,, left hand side alays slipped a lil when trying to steer,, but lately she has been stopping when she is under a loadon tghe left and the right hand side just keeps on trucking like she suppose to ,,if you knwo of where i can possibly start to correct this problem please advise ,, tug boats are foreever :D
john deere 350 b,, 89' cat e110b excavator,,, and the badest 71' ford 700 dump truck

670johndeere
40C crawler
40C crawler

Post by 670johndeere » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:58 am

I would say first, if you don't already, get yourself a service manual, and go through the steering clutch/brake adjustments for the final drive, and make sure they are set up correctly. Sounds to me you have one of your steering clutches going south. My 350B did this also, and it turned out that the right side clutch pack needed replaced and a new pressure plate. The adjsutment would be a good place to start. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable on this site will chime in later with more help for you. Good Luck.
Diehard John Deere Man

rjamesh2008
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by rjamesh2008 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:44 am

670johndeere wrote:I would say first, if you don't already, get yourself a service manual, and go through the steering clutch/brake adjustments for the final drive, and make sure they are set up correctly. Sounds to me you have one of your steering clutches going south. My 350B did this also, and it turned out that the right side clutch pack needed replaced and a new pressure plate. The adjsutment would be a good place to start. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable on this site will chime in later with more help for you. Good Luck.

thanks but that is in the working trying to acquire one a technical manual and a parts catalog for the unit
the site that someone posted was some help in see the internal diagrams of all the parts internally , if anyone knows where i can purchse the manuals please advise ,, i checked with john deere and they look at a person like they stupid or something for a book that old ,,,,,,,lavoy you have a lot of good people on here ,, thanks fellows
john deere 350 b,, 89' cat e110b excavator,,, and the badest 71' ford 700 dump truck

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Tigerhaze » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:15 am

You can still get manuals (operators, parts, and service) from Deere- it sounds like your local dealer just doesn't know where to look. You may want to inform your dealer that somehow you can still find manuals from Deere on the Deere website.

Go to this website and search for "350B" in the keyword search on the top left side of the web page.

http://www.johndeeretechinfo.com/index. ... ductSearch

All three are still available and can be obtained in hardcopy, CD or DVD, or download. You can also find these manuals periodically on Ebay.

Hope this helps.
(1) JD Straight 450 crawler dozer with manual outside blade; (2) JD 2010 diesel crawler loaders; (1) JD 2010 diesel dozer with hydraulic 6-way blade; (2) Model 50 backhoe attachments, misc. other construction equipment

rjamesh2008
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by rjamesh2008 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:57 pm

Tigerhaze wrote:You can still get manuals (operators, parts, and service) from Deere- it sounds like your local dealer just doesn't know where to look. You may want to inform your dealer that somehow you can still find manuals from Deere on the Deere website.

Go to this website and search for "350B" in the keyword search on the top left side of the web page.

http://www.johndeeretechinfo.com/index. ... ductSearch

All three are still available and can be obtained in hardcopy, CD or DVD, or download. You can also find these manuals periodically on Ebay.

Hope this helps.
thanks tiger for the link :)

rjamesh2008
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by rjamesh2008 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:13 pm

ok found all three books and wiating for the fellow to send them to me so ,, does anyone have any advice on where to start looking ,, i have been reading about the reverser lever and this unit does not have one on the dash like the others i have seen in the pictures so i guess i have to wait for the books to see the specific model