350b acumulator valve

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
rmayo
MC crawler
MC crawler

350b acumulator valve

Post by rmayo » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:56 pm

Need know if I can remove the acumulator valve from my 350BE without removing reverser. I think I am having an acumulator piston or a clutch valve problem. And if one of these is not operating properly or sticking can I get an accurate pressure reading?

CatD8RII
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Reverser Valving

Post by CatD8RII » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:10 pm

Hi
I know this isnt the answer you want to hear but you need to pull the reverser to service those two valves. The tractor frame is just to close to do anything. You can service the clutch, cooler and lube pressure valves and the regulating orfice that fills the accumulator housing with the unit in the machine . All of these valves are on the bottom of the main reverser valve. I assume the pressure that youre refering to is the main pressure? (checked on top of the valve, rearmost port) If so then yes one of or both of those components can cause an erratic pressure reading. However you need to examine the main clutch pressure regualting valve and the regulating orfice first as they control the oil to the accumulator and the clutch pedal valve. Personally id check the orfice first, as its usually the first part to clog up with contaminants from old or dirty oil.

digitup
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by digitup » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:47 pm

I agree the accumulator is not your pressure problem all it dose is calm down the erratic flow and hold highest pressure created for the occasion of extra pressure needed it is holding a small amount of oil under extreme pressure so be careful and just check your valving for the problem first and foremost .Only open that system as a last resort .Good luck Digitup,