No serial no at all on 450B

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
Lupusrex
40C crawler
40C crawler

No serial no at all on 450B

Post by Lupusrex » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:07 pm

Hi

I´ve checked tha latest project over today again for a serial no.
Didn´t find anything on the front of the battery box, nor anything under the seat base front or to the right above the instruments panel.

Therefore, I would like to ask for your advice, are there any other locations on the crawler where a chassi or serial no can be found, besides these?

If not then, what is the best possible way for ordering parts, if I can´t give a reference no for the crawler?

Any info most appreciated.

BR/Fred

Mariner
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by Mariner » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:04 pm

Hi,

Just a shot in the dark in that youmight still have the original engine in the crawler. If you can get the serial number off your engiine, JD might be able t tell you the serial number of the machine that they put the engine in. As I say, a shot in the dark and you never know, it might help.

mariner
Hixon, BC, Canada
1968 JD450 Crawler Loader with ROPS, outside blade,rock guards, bucket and winch.

digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by digitup2 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:28 am

Yes Deere can tell from engine build .Now IF you find the right person around Deere them selves (Notice I said IF ) There is more than one place the s/n is on the late sixtys and newer machines my old 550 had one stamped on the left side frame .I bought a 410 D backhoe several years ago at an auction with no s/n plate .And some wacked out s/n on the bill of sale.When I told my insurance company the # on the main frame. I had the cops on the door step in hours I showed them the auction bill and the s/n stamp on the frame .It was stolen in Sarnia Ontario six months before .Auction company got me a good used hoe in better shape and I was glad that 4-276 engine was using oil faster than fuel any way .But yes the s/n should be stamped into the main frame fairly visible to all who know .Digitup2.

Lupusrex
40C crawler
40C crawler

Post by Lupusrex » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:50 am

Hi

Well as things are the engine has actually been changed, to something not even the local JD dealer can find what it is, although both green and a JD engine of some form!??. I think I´ve included the picture of the engine id tag found on the left hand side under the intake manifold, under the "show and tell" pages. I´ll see if I can get hold of the JD importers and see if they can assist. Right now it looks as if all id-tags have been lost , therefore the question id there is any chassi no or similar.

The story about the "hot" backhoe is certainly something to remember. In this case the farmer it came from both had a receipt and a sales contract that was ok.

BR/Fred

digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by digitup2 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:49 pm

Your local Deere dealer should be advised and they will get you a serial number free of charge verry quickly .Deere dont like to see a machine running around without one .Digitup.