what to do with this? (350 track frames)

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
hugo
420 crawler
420 crawler

what to do with this? (350 track frames)

Post by hugo » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:23 pm

hi,

my 350 dozer has bad track frame's. What should I do? weld it up a lot or make new ones? And is any steel suitable or do I need a special kind?

If I need to make new ones? Can i use nuts to bolt the rollers back on, I have no experience in tapping!

There are no second hand frame's available arount here.
And I am afraid that with my outside mounted dozer frame, my track frames wil just break or bend!

(at the end, you can see a little bit of the roller)

( in the centre of the frames)

( it just peels of. the last guy just painted over it)

Just give me some thoughts?

thanks,

Hugo
jd 350 mannheim build

mini kahuna
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

350 track frames

Post by mini kahuna » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:59 pm

those track frames are gone,if you were in the states you could hunt around for a parts machine or track frames,how many 350's are around in holland,maybe you can find a parts machine.
1010 loader

wwattson
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by wwattson » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:04 pm

I'd have to agree with the assessment that those track frames are not repairable. I wonder if there may be some old 350 parts machines in Germany. I can't image what freight shipping would be from the US but there are plenty of 350 track frames here.
Bill Wattson

srs_mn
430 crawler
430 crawler

Re: what to do with this? (350 track frames)

Post by srs_mn » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:08 am

hugo wrote:hi,

my 350 dozer has bad track frame's. What should I do? weld it up a lot or make new ones? And is any steel suitable or do I need a special kind?

If I need to make new ones? Can i use nuts to bolt the rollers back on, I have no experience in tapping!
Hi Hugo,
Yeah, they are pretty well shot... I don't know what kind of steel is used in the frames, but I think it is something other than plain old mild steel... I remember trying to re-tap the bolt holes in a 350 frame and finding out that it's pretty "hard stuff"; it may have been just work hardened or something, though.
I guess as a last resort I would try making new frames out of plain steel, but I recommend you keep looking for some used ones... I don't see any problem with using nuts and bolts to hold the rollers on if you do end up making new frames.
srs_mn

digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by digitup2 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:49 am

The last time I saw one that bad it was up at the salt mine west of me get the modle and we will see if we can get you some I have several wreckers and a guy 15 miles from me sends antique tractors and parts over there all the time .The first banging around they would take they would just disintigrate.Get in tuch if you want a good set of frames and rollers .Digitup.

hugo
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by hugo » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:31 pm

hi
The last time I saw one that bad it was up at the salt mine west of me get the modle and we will see if we can get you some I have several wreckers and a guy 15 miles from me sends antique tractors and parts over there all the time .The first banging around they would take they would just disintigrate.Get in tuch if you want a good set of frames and rollers .Digitup.
I shure do want a new set of frames. Do i also need new rollers? i know at least 1 of them is broken but are they also worn?
see the crack!!

worn?

I also have contact with a company who transports all kind of tractors and parts from the states to holland.
But I don't mind who sends the parts so if you want to ask if he can do it to, i would appreciate it.
Sure its nice if someone who know about these thing is helping!!

thanks
hugo
jd 350 mannheim build

digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by digitup2 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:48 pm

If your frames are that bad look closely at your rollers they are probably eaten out at this point with salt or potash what ever they ran in they look good but the plain berrings inside will soon just vanish so just watch them . Lavoy should be able to get a set of 350 crawler loader track frames .Digitup.