350 frame rails

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
townlineterry
440 crawler
440 crawler

350 frame rails

Post by townlineterry » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:43 am

Seems like a lot of posts about 350 and 450 side rails breaking. Since I am seeking a loader in this size am wondering, is this a major problem on those machinces? Is it confined to certain years or is it a genetic flaw inherent to the whole species? Since any machine I get will work for a living would a 440 be a better option?

Terry

pdmech08

Post by pdmech08 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:48 am

Terry: All the 350's and the 450's on up until the late 80's when the "G" series came out were noted for these problems. I am not sure what problems were encountered with the 450G's. What type of work do you plan on doing with the machine?

RANDY Fay
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by RANDY Fay » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:24 am

I know loaders had a lot less frame trouble than crawlers loader frame helps suport side frames and front crossmember is set ahead about 3" have fun Randy

digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by digitup2 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:28 pm

It might have been a week spot but these little Deeres are the best of the lot .If you find one of these units in nice shape then hang onto it .I have ran these units since the first Deere my dad bought in 72. I have always had between one and five small John Deere crawlers at a time working since that .I own a couple Cats but I am not proud of them and this just keeps the Deere salesman in line .His blood pressure goes up every time I mention the word Cat .If I go out to buy a dozer and I purchace several oldies yearly .I check the frame#1 the tracks #2the motoroil pressure #3and the transmision pressure buildup#4 .If it all checks out then you have a good little Deere on your hands .I have three of there excavators but I don't think much of there backhoes any morealthough I own a 410 SG and a 410SJ .But you can't beat a little John Deere dozer .Even today they get the top resale .I was just at Richie Brothers Auctions in Toronto and the Cats didn't get as good $ resale for shure .350s are the best in there weight class for shure the problem is they just can not take a trip through hell and come out shining every time.Something has to give and the frame is a tell tail sign of abuse .Digitup.

digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by digitup2 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:30 pm

It might have been a week spot but these little Deeres are the best of the lot .If you find one of these units in nice shape then hang onto it .I have ran these units since the first Deere my dad bought in 72. I have always had between one and five small John Deere crawlers at a time working since that .I own a couple Cats but I am not proud of them and this just keeps the Deere salesman in line .His blood pressure goes up every time I mention the word Cat .If I go out to buy a dozer and I purchace several oldies yearly .I check the frame#1 the tracks #2the motoroil pressure #3and the transmision pressure buildup#4 .If it all checks out then you have a good little Deere on your hands .I have three of there excavators but I don't think much of there backhoes any morealthough I own a 410 SG and a 410SJ .But you can't beat a little John Deere dozer .Even today they get the top resale .I was just at Richie Brothers Auctions in Toronto and the Cats didn't get as good $ resale for shure .350s are the best in there weight class for shure the problem is they just can not take a trip through hell and come out shining every time.Something has to give and the frame is a tell tail sign of abuse .Digitup.

townlineterry
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by townlineterry » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:27 pm

What I plan to do with the machine is load trucks at my gravel yard, use to stone soft spots oon logging trails and clean up on job sites. will not be used everyday but fairly often.
So if anybody out there knows of a machine available let me know, I live in NW Pa. near Tionesta

Terry[/list][/b][/quote]

townlineterry
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by townlineterry » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:28 pm

What I plan to do with the machine is load trucks at my gravel yard, use to stone soft spots oon logging trails and clean up on job sites. will not be used everyday but fairly often.
So if anybody out there knows of a machine available let me know, I live in NW Pa. near Tionesta

Terry

joed5626
40C crawler
40C crawler

Post by joed5626 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:36 pm

seen alot of frame rails for these machines on epay resanable, got a 350b myself frame is fine but bushings in crossmember at the track rails got all beat out cant figure why they desigened those that way
350b,440ic,416b,580c,f800