450C drive problems

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
kiwi
MC crawler
MC crawler

450C drive problems

Post by kiwi » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:19 pm

I have gradually lost both forward and reverse drive in 450C. Initially there was a delay when engaging the powershift, then it was ok for the first 5 minutes after start-up, now it only just gets ahead when not pushing in low 1.
As it occurs in both forward and reverse I suspect there is an oilpressure problem to the clutch packs. Apart from a blocked filter (cleaned recently) what else could it be? Internal oil leak, busted O-ring, relief valve??? :?:

RANDY Fay
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by RANDY Fay » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:46 pm

I belive your problem would be eng clutch adj. and hyd dump valve adj. for HLR if you have a manule these adj. are made with 3/4 socket on bolt on back side of clutch pedal an under left floor plate down through hole under rubber plug in top of belhousing some take a 9/16 deep socket and some are 5/8 deep socket-- extenion I also tape the socket to the extenion real easy to loose socket in bel have fun Randy

pdmech08

Post by pdmech08 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:14 am

Kiwi: If your lucky Randy is right, but of all 450's we have done 90% have issues with the reverser shaft and manifold. (Internal leakage) This requires disassembly and rebuild. If you don't have a service manual, get one. You'll need it if you intend on doing the repairs yourself. If you have any other questions feel free to email me directly. Good luck. Steve.