350B stalls out won't move

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
tmoffitt
MC crawler
MC crawler

350B stalls out won't move

Post by tmoffitt » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:03 am

I'll try to make a long story short. i am in middle tennessee. i have a 350B Diesel with a 6 way blade forestry exhaust and roll cage panels etc.... No reverser This machine was purchased by my dad. The clutch needed to be replaced and while doing the job he decided to do a fairly good restoration on the machine paint it etc. During this time we had some theives steal some stuff from the barn including some of the painted parts. after 3 months we recovered everything. but by this time it was late november and then in the middle of dec my dad passed away. I am 34 and have 2 kids and work alot of hours and couldn't find the time to put the machine back together for my mom. so it has been apart almost 9 yrs!! NOT GOOD!! anyhow we found a friend who is a decent mechanic he has gotten it back together for us but he is not a heavy equip. mechanic.

The motor runs great and started right up after we rebuilt the injector pump. hydraulics work well too. when we put the machine in gear and ease out the clutch it stalls and will not move. you can see a little movement in the right track drive sprocket but not much. i assume the brake bands might be stuck. the steering levers move but are stiff. Any suggestions on how i might free things up? if we can just get it moving we then can worry if the steering clutches are still any good or not. i know it has sat way too long. i am just trying to get it operating so my mom can sell it. and i could stand to do a little work on the property before it goes. I am hoping we can do something to try to loosen things without pulling off the tracks right away. I just don't want do any damage in the process.

Help please!!