9300 backhoe to 450C hook-up

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
chicken
MC crawler
MC crawler

9300 backhoe to 450C hook-up

Post by chicken » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:41 am

I have a 450C (283927T) which I just bought a 9300 backhoe (0101140) for. My Crawler is not set up for a backhoe. When I bought the backhoe I thought it would be no problem to get some piping and hoses and hook it up, was I wrong. Any help or part location would be appreciate. Thanks Ken

digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by digitup2 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:16 pm

It takes the frame hook unit for mounting and a larger pump as well as the hoses for the plumbing .Also a divider valve and you may be able to find these on Ebay or some one here that is not using the hookup . That little pump will be quite slow to do the job .Did it come with the frame ,divider valve and hoses they may be harder to find.I have this stuff with a 555 A crawler loader but it will have to go with the crawler as the hoe frame is built right to it so it was a factory backhoe built crawler and I don't want to go torching the hook unit off the frame .I have had several people offer to buy the 555 A but not want the hoe unit. It will all go as one unit only.That is the only way I will sell it .Digitup .

jdemaris

Post by jdemaris » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:56 pm

digitup2 wrote:It takes the frame hook unit for mounting and a larger pump as well as the hoses for the plumbing ..Digitup .
Not all 450C dozers have the small, 13 GPM pump. All depended on how it was ordered new. Many dozers we sold had the large 23 GPM pumps - just like the loaders along with an extra power-beyond hydraulic valve.

But yeah, if it's got the 13 GPM pump it will be slow and also have the wrong drive-coupling parts. Small pump takes 3/4 splined parts, and the larger pump takes 7/8" splined parts.

I don't think plumbing a hoe is a big deal - but finding the OEM tool-bar mounts for the back might be. They're heavy and usually expensive. Same mounts are used for a rear ripper.

Paul Buhler
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Paul Buhler » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:31 pm

Hi: Have you run a 450 dozer with a back hoe on it? Unlike a 450 tracked loader with a back hoe, a dozer unit tends to dance on the back rolls and sprockets. This isn't too much of a problem on flat solid ground, but I rarely got to work in perfect conditions, and a tender dozer gets spooky on steep, wet or slippery terrain. Just my two cents, but if you need to put a lot of work and money into your machine, you might want to consider a rubber tired backhoe that you can support with the dozer if you need to (build an access road, unstick, etc).
Paul Buhler
Killington, VT
420c 5 roll with 62 blade, FOPS, and Gearmatic 8a winch

chicken
MC crawler
MC crawler

450C hook-up to backhoe

Post by chicken » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:26 am

I have the larger pump and did get the mount with the backhoe,but need the hoses and piping. I wanted the backhoe to finish 2 dames I am putting on my farm. Maybe it wasn't such a good ideal.

Paul Buhler
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Paul Buhler » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:32 pm

My life has been full of projects - some how I get them done, or give them up. either way they cost money and time. Some of my most satisfying ones have cost more of both than expected. So who's to know if you made the right choice. Good luck pulling it all together.

My wife's more recent comment was something like " You bought what?...Why?" 8)
Paul Buhler
Killington, VT
420c 5 roll with 62 blade, FOPS, and Gearmatic 8a winch

Tm61
MC crawler
MC crawler

Re: 9300 backhoe to 450C hook-up

Post by Tm61 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:00 pm

This is not a 450 but a JD 555(1980?) anyway it came with the mount already and the guy I got it off had the backhoe but never plumbed it. So I see a extra valve and I am wondering if this is the power beyond valve. It’s on the outside right hand side of driver seat. Hopefully I can load a pic.