jd350

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
BVD
MC crawler
MC crawler

jd350

Post by BVD » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:54 am

I have a 350 that I just purchased, IT starts up runs good for about two or or three minutes then quits. The fuel filters were just changed but i replaced them anyway, i replaced the manual fuel pump and tried loosening the return line but still end up with the same problem. I'am hoping someone can help me.

jdemaris

Re: jd350

Post by jdemaris » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:15 pm

BVD wrote:I have a 350 that I just purchased, IT starts up runs good for about two or or three minutes then quits. The fuel filters were just changed but i replaced them anyway, i replaced the manual fuel pump and tried loosening the return line but still end up with the same problem. I'am hoping someone can help me.
You didn't mention if diesel or gas, and if diesel - a C series injection pump or a D series injection pump.

350 diesel with D series pumps are prone to failure caused by a piece of plastic falling apart inside the pump. Symptoms are - it will run fine, then start to lose power, then quit. Let it sit a while, and it will then start fine, run good at first, peter out, and quit again.

Can be fixed in a few hours with less then $50 in parts if you know what you're doing. Otherwise you likely to spend $300 - $800 to get it fixed depending on who you send it to.

This is a D pump (DB or JDB) with the part that often fails:

This is the C pump that does not have that problem - however it's obsolete and no parts are available for repair

BVD
MC crawler
MC crawler

jd 350 starts than stops

Post by BVD » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:49 am

The 350 is a diesel and you are right about the pump as i took it in and they said it had a disenagrated plastic part and repaired it for 600.00. Thank You for replying to my question. BVD