JD 450 HLR Transmission problem. tractor wont move.

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
Balldog
MC crawler
MC crawler

JD 450 HLR Transmission problem. tractor wont move.

Post by Balldog » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:42 pm

I was pushing with my loader and the tranny got weak and moved slow. I checked the tranny oil and it was low. The next day (cold weather) I filled up the tranny and tested the tranny. The tractor would not move at all. I tried every gear and HLR and nothing. I let the machine run for several minutes to warm up and still nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.
Prime mover JD 450 G six way. Secondary mover 450 loader.

jdemaris

Re: JD 450 HLR Transmission problem. tractor wont move.

Post by jdemaris » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:04 pm

Balldog wrote:I was pushing with my loader and the tranny got weak and moved slow. I checked the tranny oil and it was low. The next day (cold weather) I filled up the tranny and tested the tranny. The tractor would not move at all. I tried every gear and HLR and nothing. I let the machine run for several minutes to warm up and still nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.
You've got several fundementals to check. I assume you don't really know if the trans is slipping or maybe just not turning. Your machine has a single-plate dry engine clutch that drives that HL-R trans. You also have linkage attached to the clutch pedal that can come loose and cause the HL-R to stop moving. Even one little roll pin in that linkage that can break and do the same.

Balldog
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by Balldog » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:13 pm

If all the linkages are in place, what should I look to check next? The oil level is good. I can shift the tranny gears and they grind slowly from 1234.
Prime mover JD 450 G six way. Secondary mover 450 loader.