350 LGP Years?

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
panicbutton
420 crawler
420 crawler

350 LGP Years?

Post by panicbutton » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:00 pm

I'm driving 5 hours to look at a 350 tomorrow. Guy is all over on the model, first he said it was a 1985 350B, then when I called back and asked again if he was sure of the year he says he is. He says it has 33" track and and is a 1985. I asked if it had a reverse gear, he said no it had a seperate forward/reverse lever. I'm thinking it is a "C" model. The price is verrrry good with 10 ton trailer, all it needs is a brake band and water pump (He want's $6K for both).

Did they make a LGP in the B model? I have the serial number list I'll be taking with just to very the year.

Thanks-

digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by digitup2 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:21 pm

Untill the B series there were no factory built wide track 350s or 450s you could however buy the components to do so and get your local dealer to build you one at this point you could actualy build a extra wide version if you kitted it right.I think they had 33 inch max for the 350s and 36 as well as 48 inch pad kits for 450s.Watch the drive train those little 350s take a kickin in the drive train department mostly steering clutches and drive clutch .I have owned these beasts for years and a good quick guage of track whear is to grab a cleat four up from the drive sprocket now pull up and down slightly and foward and back giving a quick indication of chain bushing whear .The smaller lighter tracks on the 350 wide tracks were beaten up a lot faster with the wider grousers when flexing on dry ground these are not a dry land machine nor should they work on good going .My 350 D wide track is in it's best enviroment where you would not go with anything else and work that is all I use it for .My 350C was previously owned buy a fellow who bought it to push stumps he wrecked the angle linkage for the blade and took out the steering clutches in hours of opperation .Digitup.

CatD8RII
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by CatD8RII » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:40 pm

Deere did make an LGP 350B,350C and 350D. Whether or not it has a reverse gear in the transmission wont tell you as to what it is, it could be a B or C, both could be had with or without it. What will tell you is if has wet clutch/brake (C) or dry (B)

panicbutton
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by panicbutton » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:38 pm

I went to see it today... By the SN it's a 1974, so it a 350B. Hour guage had 1370, but doubt it's worked in years. Water pump bearing is shot and tore up the housing. Also needs brake band, the adjusting bolt is stripped. The blade tilt hose is leaking. One of the track adjust cyclinders has some corrosion, and the thing is dirty. It started up and I ran it for a few minutes checking things out. It has the PTO shaft (guard is gone), 3 point hitch and the swinging towbar. Trailer was junk. He is(was) a contractor getting out as the economy is tanking. Got it for $3500.00. We'll be using it in wet areas of the pastures and to fix a spring feed pond that the dam washed out a few years ago.

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:49 am

They did make a wide track straight 350, I have one. The catch is, they were designed for snow use only, as they do not have the outboard bearing on the axle. Along with a cab option, they were marketed to ski hills and such for grooming trails, and moving snow on the hills. When spring came around, you were supposed to remove the wide crossbars, axle extensions, and blade extensions, and put standard tracks on for dirt use in summer. Somewhere in my stack of literature, I have the factory brochure on the whole deal. I can't imagine they actually sold too many. I have the narrow crossbars and 14" pads on mine. I did not get the wide tracks unfortunately, or the cab, and the blade had been removed and lost long before as well. I was able to find a cab a few years ago finally in MI.
Lavoy