Tachometer & Speed Control Adjustment 350B loader

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
ecostruction
40C crawler
40C crawler

Tachometer & Speed Control Adjustment 350B loader

Post by ecostruction » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:55 am

Tachometer is toast and not even hooked up. Nothing in technical manual about mechanical gauges. I have a new Tach, but where does the cable go? I have no clue where it would go and how to hook it up.

Also, my speed control lever is a real bear to move. I've lubed everything that I can reach, but it hasn't worked. I'm thinking it's at the IP that is causing the sticking. Any thoughts? It's real tough to get it to move.

Thanks,

J.

jdemaris

Re: Tachometer & Speed Control Adjustment 350B loader

Post by jdemaris » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:30 pm

ecostruction wrote:Tachometer is toast and not even hooked up. Nothing in technical manual about mechanical gauges. I have a new Tach, but where does the cable go? I have no clue where it would go and how to hook it up.

Also, my speed control lever is a real bear to move. I've lubed everything that I can reach, but it hasn't worked. I'm thinking it's at the IP that is causing the sticking. Any thoughts? It's real tough to get it to move.

Thanks,

J.
Tach cable attaches to the end of the camshaft on the rear of the engine -there's a fitting there for it. Can't say I've even seen one work, though.

Throttle sticking on the pump itself is just about impossible. You've probably got a bad throttle cable assembly. They go bad often. We used to pull many when they froze up in winter, but overtime they get stuck in any weather.

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:41 pm

If you pull the floor plates, the tach cable connects up on the RH side of the bellhousing. The 350 I just bought had the factory tach, and it was trashed as well, full of water and rotted black.
Lavoy