A cry for HELP Final Drive Oil Leak in 350C Dozer

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
Dozerfreak
MC crawler
MC crawler

A cry for HELP Final Drive Oil Leak in 350C Dozer

Post by Dozerfreak » Sat May 02, 2009 6:55 pm

Back again with another question. Final drive oil leak. 350 C Dozer I purchased manual followed it to the T pulled the final drive cleaned everything up put new brake band in replaced bearings and a new seal. Very careful with the seal wiped clean with lint free wiper put a little 30 weight oil on faces of fallanges put entire machine back together. New filter and oil to find out it is still leaking. Any suggestions???? I cleaned the hub areas where the rubber part of the seal goes and was very careful to not get any oil or foriegn material on the rubber seals. What do I do next? Tear apart and glue rubber seals in??? Don't know. HELP :) :cry:

jdemaris

Re: A cry for HELP Final Drive Oil Leak in 350C Dozer

Post by jdemaris » Sun May 03, 2009 9:47 am

Dozerfreak wrote:Back again with another question. Final drive oil leak. 350 C Dozer I purchased manual followed it to the T pulled the final drive cleaned everything up put new brake band in replaced bearings and a new seal.
Do you know for sure where it is leaking from? A leak from the ring-gear carrier area will cause just as much oil trouble as a leak from the final drive input shaft.