jd350b removing rad

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
Dant
MC crawler
MC crawler

jd350b removing rad

Post by Dant » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:50 am

Hi There
We figured out that the power steering pump seal or shaft is leaking oil into the engine.We tried to get the rad out so we can get the pump off for an hour,can someone tell me if you need to remove the front nose cone of the dozer to get the rad out.
Thks
Dan

cinok
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by cinok » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:50 pm

I know for sure the nose needs to come off on a 450.

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:23 pm

I just had mine out, and had the front end off, but not for only the radiator. That being said, I don't think it would be easy with the front piece on, maybe even impossible.
Lavoy

gene s
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by gene s » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:23 pm

I never even attempted to take the radiator out without taking the nose off my 350. Just from lookng at it I don't think you can, at least not easily, besides, taking the nose off isn't hard at all and really takes very little time with the right equipment
MF40, MF30,350B

srs_mn
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by srs_mn » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:30 pm

I have removed the radiator before by tilting the grill housing forward rather than removing it... I was in the field on a job and had no way to hoist the thing off... It is, however, much easier to work on if you do remove the grill housing as it gives you a lot more room.
To tilt the grill housing just remove the four belly pan bolts and the three 3/4" bolts on each side... loosen, but don't remove the hinge bolts (two half inch bolts on each side)... the housing should tilt forward about 45 degrees.
srs_Mn

pburke
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by pburke » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:05 pm

Should have read posts before doing my own work. Kidding! Thought radiator needed good cleaning so pulled it out through grill opening. Found couple seaping spots so getting that fixed tomorrow. Got water pump rebuilt today. Back to work. On my 450b, took top bolts out which let radiator tilt forward, took fan off next then hydraulic and water hoses which freed whole thing so could twist around in cavity. Took screws out of shroud next then seperated hydraulic cooler from radiator and pulled all out front. May not be orthodox way to do job but with minimal tools and some patience it can be done. wouldn't say back yard best place to do work but sure is cheaper!!!!!! Read these posts most days and will jump right in if can help anyone. Don't know much but learning and will share anything learned in my back yard. Pete

np205
430 crawler
430 crawler

Just had the nose off my 450B

Post by np205 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:33 am

Took about 5 minutes to take nose off with impact wrench.
(have a crane, that helps a lot)
Had power steering pump off in a few minutes after removing radiator.

If a 350 is like the 450B, you only have to remove some of the bolts to get pump off. There are two countersunk hex socket screws, only one had to come out (the long one).