It RUNS!!! - My JD350 loader

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
Larry 8N75381
40C crawler
40C crawler

It RUNS!!! - My JD350 loader

Post by Larry 8N75381 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:22 pm

First I must thank John de Marrais for all his help in this endeavor by reassuring me when I was worried that something was not right.

My loader was suffering from the dreaded "Disintegration of the fiber vibration damper disk" which plugs up the check valve on the pump that returns excess fuel to the tank. When the valve is plugged it acts like it is starving for fuel - which it is. It starts and dies immediately. The fix is to pull the pump and open it up and replace the governor weight retainer/cage with one that does not have the fiber vibration damper disk, but instead is solid steel. Thanks again to John for telling me about this.

I ordered the parts, pulled the pump and opened it up - with the manual next to me. Replacing the governor weight retainer/cage was relatively easy. I got it done and replaced most of the o-rings as well.

Today was a nice day here so I filled up the injector pump with filter fuel, but the battery in and finished tightening everything except the lines at the injectors. Engine turned easily with the well charged battery and after a few 10 second cranking sessions all the lines were leaking fuel. But it wouldn't even wheeze, then I realized that the loose line fittings were keeping the pressure from getting up high enough. Friend helping me tightened them up and the engine caught on about the third revolution. WHEE!!!

I have taken a bunch of pictures that I will work on up loading. OR maybe NOT ! :-( I just read about the hacker and the closing of the image section. Boo!! :-(

I will add two picts.
Oliver OC-4 Dozer, '67 Ford 3000, '48 Ford 8N75381, '67 JD 350 Loader

mikeintn
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by mikeintn » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:47 am

Good job Larry, its nice to here them run again :D
Michael

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:30 am

Go ahead and post images, the section that is closed doesn't really affect what happens here on the message board. You can also use third part hosting as well.
Lavoy

Larry 8N75381
40C crawler
40C crawler

Post by Larry 8N75381 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:42 pm

Thanks, Mike. My 350 seems to be a very easy starter.

Lavoy, I will put a set of pictures in the Show and Tell section as I get them posted to a image hosting site. I will use a similar "subject" line so it will be easy to follow from one to the next.
Oliver OC-4 Dozer, '67 Ford 3000, '48 Ford 8N75381, '67 JD 350 Loader