Dozer 450c operating question

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
trey516
MC crawler
MC crawler

Dozer 450c operating question

Post by trey516 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:56 pm

When I get into hard dirt with my 450c it seems to pull the blade down and make a big divot then it is like a ripple effect your tracks get in the divot and it makes another divot very hard to correct. Just wondering if these dozers should have a weight on the back mine has nothing and it feels kind of light on the rear end. I drove a cat d3 and didnt have this problem so I know its not operator error. In lose dirt I have no problems

spenceraucoin
420 crawler
420 crawler

blade

Post by spenceraucoin » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:39 pm

Might sharpen the bottom of your blade, dozer blades are just like a knife got to keep sharp............................................................
1010 Dozer>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by digitup2 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:42 pm

A bit of extra weight on the back sure helps some times like a winch .A new cutting edge is sometimes the answer but not always .Some ground conditions just require slower ground speeds .We have some clay in southwestern Ontario that the newest of blades doesn't help a bit the clay will bind and break off 6 inches lower then the cutting edge leaves a gaping hole to drive into just slow down and take as clean a cut as possible .It's all you can do keep working at it you will get there .Digitup.