JD 350B Reverser

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
bud
MC crawler
MC crawler

JD 350B Reverser

Post by bud » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:06 pm

earler this year this unit overheated and it lost a great deal of forward drive,I checked pressure while shifting reverser lever,readings are forward=30psi. neutral=100psi. reverse=130psi. it had plenty of clean fluid at the time, no binding while in forward now,just no forward power. The questions are,could this be related to something other than forward clutch pack,(seals) that can be checked without pulling the reverser?are rebuilt reversers.clutch pack assembly and or parts and seals available?

digitup
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Trany problems !

Post by digitup » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:44 pm

Bud nothing binds unless things have realy messed up inside But look inside yes this may be a lot of work but it will NOT get any better I wonce poped a snap ring off the clutch pack for low gear but with my luck over heating clutch packs push the colar seals out and also worp the steel plates inside If you have noticed signifigant presure drop than this is the seal giving out I have an old 350 b wide track and with my excavating business and tend to work this deere too hard and don t give the old machine enough time to cool down [It could also be that this is also my smallest dozer]Idiscovered long ago that when you over heat these little deere s transmision heat is not good for the pocket book YES tear down is your next step it only gets worse good luck and don t worry about parts yet the industrial john deere dealers as well as agricultural john deere dealers have your parts yet some parts for this machine are geting hard to find not transmision parts yet! good luck

Uncle
40C crawler
40C crawler

Post by Uncle » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:50 pm

Sounds like a bad seal in the forward clutch pack. Sorry but you have to tear down.
Brian