JD350 spindle seals

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
derbycrawler
420 crawler
420 crawler

JD350 spindle seals

Post by derbycrawler » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:41 am

Lavoy, is there anywhere a guy can get a final drive seal kit any cheaper? I need the seal kit for the spindle, the machined surface oil seals with the rubber outer and inner seal. It appears to be part number AT36097 for the kit. While digging my basement it started to leak a little gear oil and now it is starting to pour out as soon as I fill it up. I still plan to get another set of steering clutches off of you, just haven't had time to work on the other machine yet. Oh yeah, does a guy have to pull the complete final to replace those seals? I would assume so, just checking to see if I could get away with a little time saving. I have a feeling that getting the spindle through the bull gear without messing up the new seal would be a miricle in its self. THANKS.

Shannon

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:27 am

Nothing that I know of, but that does not mean there is not a cheaper way. I kind of doubt it though, there is no source for the correct 420 seals, so may be same song.
Lavoy

derbycrawler
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by derbycrawler » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:56 pm

Thanks for the info. Lavoy, always know I can count on good honest answers from you. Thank you! Has anyone out there changed these seals without pulling the finals? Crazy idea but I think I will try it first and if it doesn't work, then pull the final.

Shannon