550H air in fuel

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
harold45
MC crawler
MC crawler

550H air in fuel

Post by harold45 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:10 pm

Have a 03, 550H with 3400 hrs, in good shape. Started getting air in primary fuel filter. Engine runs good at low rpm's. above 2100 rpm's it will miss when it is first cranked, then after a couple of seconds it levels out. If it is shut down for a few min. it will lose it prime. Have to bleed the pri filter and then it will crank and run ok. Engine does not smoke. Changed the fuel, checked inside of tank ok, cleaned screen on fuel outlet in tank, changed both fuel filters. Air filter is clean.

What else can I check? Thanks Harold45 :?: :?:

digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by digitup2 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:51 am

Well I actually sent a message that has disapered but the H's have two filters the usual filter doesn't go on nice and takes several gaskets to install it may leak the seldom used filter is actually a better unit unless the rest of the system has been touched any place it should be OK but .Where did you get the 550H from I am looking at several right now down south I am trying to get a 550 sized dozer with limb risers to go into thorn trees and don't want to scratch up the cabs on my 450 and 550 J's.There are quite a few of them for sale right now but nothing exactly what I want .Digitup.