JD 450C Crawler Dozer

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
lsts
MC crawler
MC crawler

JD 450C Crawler Dozer

Post by lsts » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:51 am

I have a John Deere 450C Bulldozer that will not start. I have fuel to the Injector Pump but not coming out of the pump going to the injectors. Could this be an electrical problem or an internal problem with the Pump itself, and if so, what do I do to correct it? Thank you in advance for your help.

KenP
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by KenP » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:49 pm

deleted
Last edited by KenP on Thu May 30, 2013 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
No longer posting on JDCrawlers

lsts
MC crawler
MC crawler

Won't start

Post by lsts » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:15 am

KenP wrote:Could be one of several things.
First, check to see if you have 12vdc at the injection pump when the ignition is on. This powers the fuel shut off solenoid allowing fuel to go through the pump. If the lead has no power, you won't get fuel.
Second, if you have power but no fuel, I'd suspect the fuel shut off solenoid. You didn't say which pump you have, so its impossible to tell you how to proceed.
If the shut off solenoid is working OK, and you still have no fuel, either the pump is broken or something is internally blocking the flow.
Either way, the pump will have to be disassembled and repaired.

You'll have better luck if you post technical questions about your 450C under the section on Late Model Technical Support.
KenP
Thank you for your info. As soon as I posted the question and turned off the computer I went back out and worked on my toy and did in fact find that there was no voltage going to the shutoff solenoid. I guess sometimes it is best to just walk away and take a break and then come back and try again and you can think of things that you didn't think of before. Thank you again for your response. Charles

philztoy
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by philztoy » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:02 pm

Just for reference. This happened to me. twice mice have chewed through the wire at the ignition switch which must be a good place to make a nest. So check that if it happens again.