Lavoy was correct in diagnosis...350c reverser

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
Cuzz
420 crawler
420 crawler

Lavoy was correct in diagnosis...350c reverser

Post by Cuzz » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:28 pm

Lavoy, you were right about the bearings in the reverser. They were trashed to the point where it messed up a few clutch plates. The splines on the reverse end of the reverser shaft are almost sharp enough to cut you and the shaft tappers down a lot. I found evidence of a previous catastroffic failure where the bell housing had a 1"x4" hole in it and a crack that had been welded almost 50% around the bell housing.

Now here is my question:

I have found a local salvage yard that has a complete reverser from a 350. He wants $1700 for it and it is setting on a shelf. They have opened it up, inspected it, and buttoned it back up after resealing everthing. 15 day warranty. Will this 350 reverser work on a 350c? Is the price reasonable?

Thanks for everyones help and input.
Thanks,
Cuzz...

My wife says I never listen to her.... or something.

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:30 pm

Someone else will have to answer if it will fit or not, I am not sure.
As to price, if your case is good, and for not much over the $1700 I could rebuild my own reverser and know what I have, I would go that way.
Lavoy

mini kahuna
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by mini kahuna » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:56 pm

if you are not pressed for time I would tear down the one you have and see what's going on in there.
you can carefully rebuilt it with care and it will last for many years.....buying a used one and putting it in is a gamble at best.