93A BACK HOE flushing the oil out.

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
gerald
440 crawler
440 crawler

93A BACK HOE flushing the oil out.

Post by gerald » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:42 pm

I'm woundering the best way to flush 93A back hoe oil. I know its contamincated an need to be flushed .May be loosening hose on evey cyl an hooking air to the control valve should empty the oil out of the cyl. If there is a better way I would like know about it .Thank you Gerald.
1970 350 crawer/loader 93a back hoe

digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by digitup2 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:48 am

Gerald what is your oil contaminated with ?If it's just moisture try this I bought a absorber unit that you use to absorb water out of a diesel fuel tank and installed it in the hydraulic reserve tank of one of my Drainage plows I just let it lay on the bottom of the tank and two weeks later I pulled the absorber and the oil was back to it's original color .I did figure out where the moisture was getting in and re sealed the gasket that was the problem the unit is a 6inch long plastic screen wrapped in a 1 inch diameter cylinder shape with a bag full of absorbent in it it comes hooked to a heavy 15 inch string with a spring wire hook on the other end .Hook this to the filler cap and when the oil looks good pull the absorber and discard it .your hydraulic oil will be clean quickly if there is a lot of water in the system put two units in let them lay on the bottom keep them from the pick up line for the intake to the pump yes they work . this was a half million dollar machine I used this on and it has 80 gallons of oil in reserve so it had to work the next day .This machine can't have down time till January but it works .I have done this with my Deere and JCB backhoes as well you don't waste hydraulic oil and it removes the water fast and easy .Digitup.

gerald
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by gerald » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:58 am

I changed the Hyd oil an filters when I first got the machine the hoe was setting idle needing control valve repairs. I did the repairs an connected it to the tractor the oil went from clear to milky.Ill check car parts they support our local coal mines with special items. I'll try that and clean the screen an change the filter . I sold my house to my son also vereran . He runs D 11 where I just retired from last year. I was welder an mech. So it's crawer Maini for me down south. thank you gerald
1970 350 crawer/loader 93a back hoe