350 engine

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
truckerP
MC crawler
MC crawler

350 engine

Post by truckerP » Thu May 05, 2011 5:23 am

I'm installing Piston kits. O-rings in block. Block# T32339. On one cylinder there is a some corrosion and a pitted hole through the block between the first Black (kind of square) O-ring and the orange O-ring in the middle. I'm not sure how to proceed. The two remaining O-rings look good. Hope I was clear about the situation. I could posibly take a picture if needed. Any advice would be greatly appeciated.

truckerP
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by truckerP » Wed May 18, 2011 8:43 pm

I do have good block I could have swapped everything over.. But I found on another forum a guy posted the same question. A guy named jdmaris or something like that responded back not to worry about it that the two other seals will do the job. I also ran into a nortrax guy who said the same.

jtilsond
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by jtilsond » Thu May 19, 2011 6:37 am

If Demaris said it, you can bank on it. Anything you want to know just do a search on his name and you will find that he knows or else he says he doesn't. No foolishness with him.

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Tigerhaze » Thu May 19, 2011 8:42 am

truckerP wrote: A guy named jdmaris or something like that responded back not to worry about it that the two other seals will do the job.
John is a former John Deere mechanic that has worked extensively on these crawlers over the years. He is especially knowledgable on the diesel injection pumps.

Like others said, any advice he gives should be held in high regard because he speaks from experience.There are quite a few very informative posts from him on this messageboard if you search the archives. he also posts frequently on YT which is probably where you found him.
(1) JD Straight 450 crawler dozer with manual outside blade; (2) JD 2010 diesel crawler loaders; (1) JD 2010 diesel dozer with hydraulic 6-way blade; (2) Model 50 backhoe attachments, misc. other construction equipment