Let's play a game...

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
MattE
430 crawler
430 crawler

Let's play a game...

Post by MattE » Mon May 09, 2011 2:31 pm

Since Ken is the latest one to have to pull a reverser I'll blame this on his bad luck...

Who can guess what my problem will be?

Here are the particulars. I was digging out a bank with my 350B loader for about two hours with no problems. When I went to back up the hill to dig down rather than up crawler lurched and died like it had run out of fuel. No grinding noises or anything.

Got off to check the tank, still had fuel, low but had fuel. I then noticed fluid leaking out of the bottom of the bell housing fluid was 303 so hydraulic or reverser. Both tanks were at the bottom of the fill range and I thought both were full when I started digging. Of course I'm sitting on a slight hill so the dipstick and sight glass won't read right. I haven't attempted to start it yet, going to top off all fluids and head for the garage if it will run. So I have not checked reverser pressures, just want to see what the guesses are and have a bit of fun with my misfortune.

Any guesses?

KenP
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by KenP » Mon May 09, 2011 6:17 pm

deleted
Last edited by KenP on Thu May 30, 2013 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No longer posting on JDCrawlers

MattE
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by MattE » Tue May 10, 2011 6:09 am

I've had the coupling separate before, I did not get a chance to look at it last night, or probably tonight. I'll let you know, It could be so many things, I thought it might be fun to see who's closest. Checking the fuel level last night it is possible that it could have gotten a gulp of air as I backed up that hill and the fluid leak is a separate problem. You don't own one of these old machines unless you don't mind working on them.

How's your trans coming?

KenP
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by KenP » Tue May 10, 2011 6:41 am

deleted
Last edited by KenP on Thu May 30, 2013 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No longer posting on JDCrawlers

MattE
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by MattE » Thu May 12, 2011 5:30 am

Finally got to look at it last night.
Stick went through the engine side shield and broke the wire off the injector pump. Easy fix. Still not sure where the fluid is coming from. Pulled the floor boards and didn't see anything, but it looks as if it's running down the top of the bell housing. We'll see which level drops and go from there