john deere 350-B winch

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
mark
MC crawler
MC crawler

john deere 350-B winch

Post by mark » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:50 am

i recently bought a john-deere 350-b with a winch mounted on the back of it. could someone tell me how the winch is controlled. there is a small lever on the floor, to the right of the seat, but it doesn't seem to engage the winch. there is also a lever on the front right hand side of the motor that seems to be stuck and doesn't move. i don't have a manual so any help would be appreciated.

derbycrawler
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by derbycrawler » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:29 am

Mark,
The lever that you are seeing on the right side of the motor is to dis-engage the hydraulics completely (cold weather start ect). The one you are seeing, if sitting in the seat, is on your left side to the back is what will engage or dis-engage your pto shaft. How does your winch connect ?

Shannon

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:55 am

I don't think B models had a PTO lever, at least the one we have doesn't. On a straight 350, it is on the LH side just like on the two cylinders. I am not sure what one on the RH side would be.
The one 350 I ran with a winch was a straiight, but it had a winch control lever on the RH side of the seat, but not on the floor.
Lavoy

JR
420 crawler
420 crawler

350Bwinch

Post by JR » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:44 pm

I have a 350 with a 3315 winch. It is powered by the PTO which is engaged by the floor lever on the left of the seat. The hand control is on the right hand side of the seat and is a cable lever that activates the valve body that should be mounted under the seat. Find this and see if the cable is moving first. This valve control operates the internal functions of the winch that has an internal hydraulic pump to power these. This is how it works so you will have to check each to find out if something is wrong. Good.

JR

mark
MC crawler
MC crawler

john deere 350-B winch

Post by mark » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:02 am

thanks guys for your help. i think this will help a lot. at least now i know what these levers are supposed to be doing.