450C new injectors...won't start

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
BOBWOOD
420 crawler
420 crawler

450C new injectors...won't start

Post by BOBWOOD » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:51 pm

Hello everyone I have just got my machine back together after 4 months of refurbuishing...mostly U/C, paint etc.. However, now it does not want to start. I replaced the injectors with new aftermarket (RAP) ones. I have plently of fuel all the way up to the injectors...it actually wants to go...it'll fire several times then just wisps of blue smoke...I had to take the top portion of the injectors apart to get the boots onto them but I don't think I altered the adjustment doing so. Has anyone had similar problems?...It seems that they should of been preset at the factory...they do have small dots of seal paint on the top nuts...maybe they are just the wrong ones or something...I was reluctant to install imports but I figured they looked the same...I would of rather used original ones...What a pain....I changed them because I figured it would be easier to do when it was all apart...now it looks like I'm gonna have to take them back out...I'm in a race against winter now!....don't want to be doing this in the freezing cold...BOB

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Tigerhaze » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:11 am

Just a thought, but have you bled all of the air out of the injection system? You may still be getting fuel at the injectors but enough air to keep them from spraying correctly.
(1) JD Straight 450 crawler dozer with manual outside blade; (2) JD 2010 diesel crawler loaders; (1) JD 2010 diesel dozer with hydraulic 6-way blade; (2) Model 50 backhoe attachments, misc. other construction equipment

BOBWOOD
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by BOBWOOD » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:39 pm

Just as a follow-up on this issue...my father removed the new injectors and took them in to a diesel shop and got them checked/re-set (found correct pressures in a previous post)...and the machine runs fine now!...Thanks for the help guys! BOB