450h vs450j??

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
athollinger
MC crawler
MC crawler

450h vs450j??

Post by athollinger » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:26 pm

Can anybody tell me the difference between a 450 j and 450 h? Thanks!!

LeonardL
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by LeonardL » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:52 pm

First of all I'm no expert on the 450s. However I was around these two machines before I retired. Basically they are the same machine. The biggest difference that I personally noticed was placement of the hydraulic cylinders that lift the dozer boom. The 450H cylinders were set in a position where you could only have sixteen inch track pads and keep them centered with the track rails. The 450J would allow you the option of going to eighteen inch pads and still have a comfortable margin between the inside edge of the track pad and the lift cylinders. Horse power, shifting, blade controls and general operation are the same.
I'm sure that some of these up to date Deere guys can tell you more than I can but besides a few basic differences they are not that far apart.
If you have a good Deere industrial dealer, they could tell you exactly the differences.
In my personal opinion, you wont go wrong with either machine. They both operate and handle really sweet! They are pretty much idiot proof and that includes me. They even make a poor operator like me look good.
40 plus years working on JD 350s, 400Gs, 450s and other equipment both Ag and Construction.

digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by digitup2 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:25 am

yes that and most sensors as well as computer smarts are twenty fold some small engine mods and very little cosmetic change,Also the throttle ans well as trany controls are routed through computer and not direct connected like the old stuff .Digitup.