2010 with illness

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
WyoCat
40C crawler
40C crawler

2010 with illness

Post by WyoCat » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:57 am

How hard is it to change out the hydraulic pump on a 2010 crawler? There is water in the oil, very well mixed I might add. Froze a couple of years ago and now all it wants to do is howl and growl. Typical airation/cavitation sound. Thoughts on what I should expect when I get inside? Next question would be how hard is it to get all of that contaminated oil out of the entire system? Thanks in advance for your help!
C. Enyeart

KenP
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by KenP » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:27 am

deleted
Last edited by KenP on Fri May 31, 2013 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No longer posting on JDCrawlers

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Tigerhaze » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:24 am

Hi Wyocat-

I guess it is not clear to me if you are referring to the transmission hydraulic pump or the hydraulic pump for the loader or blade. Many 2010s, especially the loaders and dozers, have the HLR powershift transmission but some, especially the bare crawlers, can have the constant mesh transmission. The hydraulic system and pump for the transmission is separate from the pump to run the loader or dozer blade; there is a seperate reservoir as well.

If the dozer blade, I think the pump is primarily front-mounted. Many of the loaders use a rear-mounted Cessna pump which is pretty easy to get to.

I would much rather have to deal with the auxillary hydraulic pumps than with the transmission pump.
(1) JD Straight 450 crawler dozer with manual outside blade; (2) JD 2010 diesel crawler loaders; (1) JD 2010 diesel dozer with hydraulic 6-way blade; (2) Model 50 backhoe attachments, misc. other construction equipment

jtrichard
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by jtrichard » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:00 am

if you are talking about the hyd. system and if it is a dozer then the pump is in the bell housing i would change the trans oil and clean the hyd. filter YES it has one and when plugged the pump will howl ...on one of my 2010s i bought it was so plugged diesel fuel would not even go throught it its a screen type and mine was pretty hard to get clean it looked clean after the first cleaning but still had very fine crap in it and on the inboard end of that screen there is a rubber gasket that might be half sucked into the pump suction line i have 2-- 2010s with this screen and both had the gasket off of the end after cleaning very well i took trim adhesive and glued it back on... when you pull the filter look on the end if you dont see one look in the back of the filter can you should beable to see it ....then after all that if it still howls then pull the rear bell pan and the bell housing cover on the bottom and you can (so the book says) get the pump out i know the hose can be replaced from the bottom ITS NOT EASY if you pull the pump i would see if the hose is still avaiable from deere if yours is the rubber hose type that is and replace it .... if you have to change the pump you will have to drain the trans again... and if its is a HLR TRANS there is a paper filter also that needs to be changed
2010 with 622 dozer with mod. 35 ripper and a 2010 with 622 dozer bought in 1969 and a 2010 loader with drott and mod. 36 ripper