Track wear

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
jtrichard
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by jtrichard » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:30 pm

nice rollers you are going to have a very nice threefitty i would not want to get it wet let alone get in the dirt
2010 with 622 dozer with mod. 35 ripper and a 2010 with 622 dozer bought in 1969 and a 2010 loader with drott and mod. 36 ripper

PTO John
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by PTO John » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:53 pm

mikeintn

Every undercarriage I have ever had has ended up looking a lot worse than yours. I have lots of roller wear but never a seized roller with the corresponding wear that would allow for chains to look like that. It looks more likely to me that your wear is somehow related to abrasion between the chains and rock guards. Not sure what would cause that in your case, for me it is side slopes of 50% plus chain twisting from climbing over stumps etc. along with normal roller wear. Are your chains and rollers "done", imho absolutely not.

PTO John
John Watson

mikeintn
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by mikeintn » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:19 am

Thanks everyone for all the good info. on this, it is great to have so much knowledge here that you can tap into when you need to know something.

I think I put them on and see what they look like and if that goes ok then try them out, if I ever get it finished :D
Michael

digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by digitup2 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:50 pm

I have a neighbor that has a 450D and has put the small pinion gear out of his dozer several times he could never figure out why.So I went over and showed him the rollers were hitting the rails he installed new tracks and he still can't keep pinion gears in the machine any more just because he ran it too long with the rollers slamming the rails .It literally smashed the outer bearing races out of round in the pinion bearing holders .It's a nice old dozer but I know how little it takes to mess a good machine up and it isn't much .It really seem like the rollers are fine and the track is fine but they both are worn out This is what is called[ On Run Out ]in the industry .When you buy a Deere or any other crawler keep as much clearance between the roller flange and the boss head as possible .As was mentioned earlier there are a lot of contributing factors for track wear and this is just one of them bushings and sprocket wear is also one of the other contributors and most people only recognize the later .Digitup.

mikeintn
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by mikeintn » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:49 pm

Digitup2 I think I understand what you are saying about the banging, are you saying the rollers in the pictures are worn out?
Michael

digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by digitup2 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:35 pm

It is hard to tell just looking at rollers there is a minimum diameter of rollers when they get to that point 150 bucks a piece for new and away you go ,Digitup.