Hydraulic

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
Patrick
420 crawler
420 crawler

Hydraulic

Post by Patrick » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:49 am

John Deere 350 Straight.

We bought the machine as a none running fixer upper and have never acutually used the the machine. I have posted ?'s before but most of the time just do a search for what I need so thank you guys for all the help in the past. We got it running so good I think new rollers and rails next summer :D . I have put many hours on it just driving it around the farm.

Okay my ?.... I am getting ready to put the loader on. The people who had it before us must have had something on the back. Probably a roto-boom but maybe a backhoe. The return line is already capped but the feed line from the auxiliary side of the valve has the power-beyond port installed and a line hooked to it. The line is not capped. I installed my pump and started the engine and let me tell you I ended up with a mess pretty quick. Not having an impliment for the back am I right to assume the feed and return just need to hooked together. Looking at the manual if understand it correctly, I can also eliminate the line altogether by removing the power-beyond port and Installing a drain plug which jd has as part# U17384. This part is not available according to two differnt dealers and Jd direct. Jd actually told me to join a collector's club and post my question about the plug. Okay here it is.( I know enough rambling). Is there anything special about the plug or is it just a standard fitting plug???? One dealer and JD didn't know. One other dealer thought it to be a regular plug possibly 1 inch JIC #16.

I just want to be sure of what I'm doing and not guess when dealing with Hydraulic pressure.

Thanks

pat

KenP
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by KenP » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:38 am

deleted
Last edited by KenP on Fri May 31, 2013 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No longer posting on JDCrawlers

Patrick
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by Patrick » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:32 pm

I got a hydraulic plug and oring from auto value and that seemed to do the trick. I had to replace one hydrolic line and Im sure the rest are soon to follow. They are old, hard, and stiff and dont like to bend to much. Much like myself.