ANOTHER NEW CRAWLER OWNER GLAD TO HAVE THIS MESSAGEBOARD

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
Scottyb
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

ANOTHER NEW CRAWLER OWNER GLAD TO HAVE THIS MESSAGEBOARD

Post by Scottyb » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:50 am

i'M SCOTT IN SASKATOON SASKATCHEWAN CANADA AND THE RECENT PROUD OWNER OF A 350B CRAWLER LOADER. I HAVE BEEN READING OVER THE POSTS FROM THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS AND WHAT A GOOD START THIS HAS BEEN. MY DEERE CAME WITH A CASE BACKHOE THAT SOMEONE DID A NICE JOB OF FABRICATING A BRACKET TO FIT IT ON THE BACK. I HAVE NOT USED IT YET AS MY TRAILER COULD NOT MANAGE THE WEIGHT SO CRAWLER AND HOE CAME HOME IN TWO TRIPS. I BOUGHT IT TO HELP WITH THE TORNADO CLEAN UP ON OUR 20 ACRES AT OUR CABIN. MY OLD 610 BOBCAT WAS FINE FOR CLEANING THE YARD BUT I HAVE MANY 80FT SPRUCE TO PULL OUT OF THE OLD GROWTH FOREST AND I AM HOPING THE 350 WILL DO THE JOB. I MIGHT TRY TO FIT SOME KIND OF GRAPPLE ON THE HOE. IF ANYONE HAS TRIED THIS LET ME KNOW. I ALSO HAVE A FEW HUNDRED ASPEN AND POPULAR TO PULL OUT. THE ROLLERS AND CHAINS ARE A LITTLE MORE WORN THAN I HAD EXPECTED AFTER READING THIS FORUM. THE MAIN HYDRALIC LINE HAD RUBBED THROUGH ON THE FRAME AND A POOR WELD BROKE OPEN ON THE TEST DRIVE. I HAVE SINCE REPLACED THAT PIPE WITH HOSE AND WHILE I HAD ALL THE COVERS OFF I REBUILT THE WATER PUMP, REPLACED THE FAN BELT AND ALL THE HOSES(I THINK THEY WERE ALL ORIGINAL) AND I AM IN THE PROCESS OF CHANGEING ALL THE FLUIDS. THE UNIT SAT FOR MANY YEARS (INDOORS THANKFULLY) THE BACK ROLLER WAS HITTING THE SPROCKET BUT I THINK I HAVE THAT ONE FIXED. RUNS GREAT AND EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE WORKING EXCEPT THE LIGHTS. I HAD TO ADJUST THE BRAKES AND DID HAVE TROUBLE GETTING THE BRAKE ADJUSTMENT LOOSE ON ONE SIDE BUT EVENTUALLY IT MOVED WITHOUT BREAKING AND ITS GOOD TO GO. I AM WITHOUT TEETH ON THE BUCKET, A DRAW BAR OR ROLL BAR AND I WILL BE SHOPPING FOR THEM BEFORE LONG. SEEMS LIKE EDMONTON IS A GOOD PLACE TO START LOOKING! I ALSO NEED A LOWER PRESSURE GREASE GUN AND NO ONE HERE KNOWS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT. THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO.....I WILL HAVE QUESTIONS
SCOTTYB

LeonardL
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by LeonardL » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:44 am

Welcome Scotty!! :D
I would love to see the Case backhoe on your 350B. This is one of the reasons I love Deere equipment so much. They adapt to just about any combination conceivable. Have fun with it! :D
40 plus years working on JD 350s, 400Gs, 450s and other equipment both Ag and Construction.

JWB Contracting
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

350 Parts

Post by JWB Contracting » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:37 am

Glad to here you are happy with your 350. They are a real workhorse with the right operator on the seat. We too have put a Case 580 hoe, but we mounted it on a 450C. This is the model that folds up over center. Much larger and more powerful hoe than a 9550 or a 9300. Althought, I don't think that the deere hydraulic system was built for this large of hoe, not enought flow. We have the large hydraulic pump on our loader machine as well.

You are correct that Edmonton is the place to get crawlers parts, as that is where I am from. I have a few parts machines, some new undercarriage plus an array of attachements. This is really a hobby for the down time between our summer time only utility construction business. My dad and I fix up older deere crawlers for re-sale and sell a few parts as well. So if you can't find parts any closer send me a message.

Try and stay away from Twin Deere, I have never talked with anyone that has had a good experience there. You are very close to Brandt Tractor in Regina, which is where they inventory their used parts. They sold me an open ROPS canopy delivered to Edmonton for $1,100 for our 450G. They will deal on their prices as well.

Lots of good help on this site, so if you do run into a problem with your 350 don't be afraid to post it.

Jason
Jason Benesch

John Deere 420, 430, 440 & 350C With 3 Point Hitch
John Deere 400G With Winch
John Deere 2010 Crawler Dozer
John Deere 420, 430, 435 & 440 Wheel Tractors

Scottyb
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Post by Scottyb » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:40 am

Image this is the hoe that came with my 350b. it was easy to remove using the hydraulics as it has a well built bracket on the crawler. It is a case d130 hoe attachment and I removed it to get it home and haven't put it back on yet. I might try to attach a grapple to the bucket or remove the bucket first as I need it to skid logs this winter. -29 c last night so I wont be digging many holes before spring! I will have to come up with something for a seat as sitting on the fuel tank is not that comfortable! I am thinking of extending the hydralic handles with black pipe and this might help if the seat is above the tank. I will follow up on my progress. I am also hoping to dig stumps in the summer as a tornado made a mess of the forest at our cabin. scottyb
450`s c-dozer 6 way, b-loader.
350`s c-loader + ripper, b-loader with winch arch. B-loader with dozer pads
backhoe attachment.
1010 loader with forks for round bales
a few 610 Bobcats. many attachments

JWB Contracting
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Skidsteer Hoe

Post by JWB Contracting » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:55 am

We did a conversion on one of these Skid Steer sized hoes for a 350C widepad dozer. We figured this was the biggest hoe that we could put on a dozer machine and still be able to do some dozing.

We did however use the upright (metal piece that holds the valve and the seat) from a wrecked deere hoe so our's is a little more comfortable to run. They actully dig fairly well, althought I really don't like to admit it. We would really like to find a few 9550 hoe attachements, getting very hard to find.

Sounds like you need an winch and an arch for your winter skidding operation!!
Jason Benesch

KenP
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by KenP » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:10 pm

deleted
Last edited by KenP on Fri May 31, 2013 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No longer posting on JDCrawlers

JWB Contracting
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Seating

Post by JWB Contracting » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:32 pm

Yes, but without putting a lift kit on the hydraulic valve console you are bending over. I would make some brakets to lift the assebly up to regular deere higth - just enought clearance for for the flip down seat.

They are a nice hoe. The one we had on our 350C widepad dozer had enougth power to move the crawler forward and also reposition side to side. Might not quite be enought for a loader machine though. Also have one on our 860 Case Trencher, works real nice when you have an 85 horse 4 cylinder cummins turbo supplying the hydrualic flow.
Jason Benesch

Scottyb
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Post by Scottyb » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:44 pm

Jason that winch arch combo sounds interesting. what does it take to put it on and off when needing the hoe? Not something I would do every day, more like the winch combo in the winter and the hoe in the summer. send me info or a link if you would on them. $? I do not have the pto shaft from the back but a good guess would be that you just might? don't tell my wife I am asking. She is redoing the kitchen and I'm hooked on toys. I was born in Edmonton if that gets a discount. (worth a try and true) scottyb :lol:
backhoe attachment.

JWB Contracting
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Winches

Post by JWB Contracting » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:20 pm

Basically, you remove your hoe and hoe hooks and then the winch mounts to the same hoes as the hoe hook braket. It runs on the PTO and you use a lever mounted beside the seat to operate (free spool and power in). I have one available. 350 winches are hard to get as the input shaft is offset. The 450 winch is fairly common and was also on the early 440 and 540 skidders.

I also have a hydraulic winch, so just power in and power out that will amount in the factory holes as well. Cheaper alternative but not as nice to run.

When you have your shopping list put together, send me a private message and we can arrange a time for you come out an take alook. We are located 1 hour west of Edmonton.
Jason Benesch

Scottyb
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Post by Scottyb » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:48 am

Jason thanks for the invite. I am a retailer so before xmas is not very likely but still possible to make the trip. I measured my track chains yesterday using info I found on the messageboard and not to my surprise I am on my last 20% or less. Enough I think to get me by this winter but will be adding chains and possibly other undercarriage items to that wish list before very long. the sprockets look fine and it is easy to adjust so I will put some hours on it to see how everything else is doing before deciding what is going to be on the top of the priority list. scottyb
backhoe attachment.