350 undercarriage

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
xeagerx
MC crawler
MC crawler

350 undercarriage

Post by xeagerx » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:46 am

I have a late model 1968 350 crawler loader. I am repairing undercarriage. Chains, srockets, rollers etc.
My question is when I reinstall the track frame to the front cross member , is it normal to have any movement @ this point? The holes in cross member are worn and too large for new bushing. I was going to machine new bushings, but wanted to know if I should make them tight or allow for some movement of the track frame?
Thank You :?: :roll: xeagerx :?: :roll:

77 Ford
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by 77 Ford » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:29 pm

I just got done asking these same type of questions on a 450c, you might find some of your answers in here:

http://www.jdcrawlers.com/messageboard/ ... php?t=6712

Right now I have over sized washers holding mine solid. In the spring I plan on welding in either the old bushing or a new one I machine to make it all solid and take the slop out of the holes.

Even though many good experts on here weld their cross members I think I'm going to try and not do that at this point. It's just a personal machine for farm work and it will much easier to do something with in the future if it is just bolted on. I may try and drill and tap out the 5/8 bolts to 3/4 but only if I can find a way to pull that off without dropping the frame rails.
JD- 450C track loader
Serial #208336T

xeagerx
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by xeagerx » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:01 pm

Thank You you are a great help..No movement makes sense ....I'm not sure what Deere was thinking with the bushings..
xeagerx :D