350 - 1010 sprockets and tracks

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
jdemaris

350 - 1010 sprockets and tracks

Post by jdemaris » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:20 am

I'm trying to ID some tracks and sprockets on a 1010 crawler. They are Berco and supposedly almost new. May have been bought years ago but unused.

The machine is 100 miles from here. If it was close I'd just go over and measure the track bushings IDs.

I'm wondering if these are 1010 tracks and sprockets - or - 350 tracks and sprockets.

The Berco sprockets have three extra bolts and I'm wondering if they hold some sort of adapter?

Here's a photo of my original 1010 sprocket on left - and the Berco on the right that is bolted to a 1010.

CELSESSER
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by CELSESSER » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:47 am

JDE,
Could it be that the 3 dowels have been replaced with bolts? Seems like I remember someone on here having to do that for some reason.
Still have your place in Michigan? Very little snow this year so far. We are almost 40 inches behind normal so far here in Gaylord.

Chuck
1960 440ICD #461094 w/ #63 manual blade Converted to a gas engine two owners ago.

jdemaris

Post by jdemaris » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:09 pm

CELSESSER wrote:JDE,
Could it be that the 3 dowels have been replaced with bolts? Seems like I remember someone on here having to do that for some reason.
Still have your place in Michigan? Very little snow this year so far. We are almost 40 inches behind normal so far here in Gaylord.

Chuck
Yes, I've got three places in Northern Michigan now. Presque Isle and Alpena Counties. I buy foreclosed rural properties when the price is right. I keep in close touch with my in-laws who live in Alpena and get frequent weather updates. Seems this year, northern Michigan and Central New York have been pretty much the same. We've had a little more snow here in NY, but not by much. I.e. just a few inches. Almost 40 degrees F here today and supposed to be a little below 0 by monday.

I too was wondering if those bolts filled in old dowel holes. I wish I could get this seller to measure the track bushings. I'd like to know if these are 350 tracks or 1010.

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:25 pm

Sorry, missed the part about the bolts. That is an update began at serial number 15,528.
Lavoy