leak showing on back of crawler???

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
rock digger
420 crawler
420 crawler

leak showing on back of crawler???

Post by rock digger » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:19 pm

I know this may be a long shot but here goes. I have a jd450b with 6 way blade . I have owned it for 3 yrs now and am impressed with what it will do.
When I bought it the guy told me it had a slow leak and about twice a yr. had to add fluid to the transmission,when it gets low and you are in a hole or going up a grade it will stall if then you add fluid everything goes as should. He told me he had looked for yrs trying to figure out the leak to no avail. Any ideas where to look or to check?
This machine had a new undercarige when I bought so I have no complaints.
When you look at the back there is a round plate for the pto cover,there is no pto. It seems to be leaking there and dripping down on the drawbar.

On another subject I would like to add remote fittings to the back. There is a hose tying a lower hyd. fitting with one on the top is this the bypass where you would get power beyond from? serial #1299991. Any help would be great. Rock Digger :?
There is always another rock under this one!

vestor_guy
440 crawler
440 crawler

leak

Post by vestor_guy » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:52 am

Monitor your hydraulic level a bit better. You should never get the the point of losing hydraulics and uncovering the screen.

That cover is a simple 3 bolt plate with a gasket. Make sure the bolts are snug but they are 5/16 so don't twist them off. If they are snug, you will have to drain the hydraulics below that level or put the tractor in a steep nose down position. Use a new gasket T12405, remove all oil from the plate and transmission case and good sealer. I use lacquer thinner.