jd 350b condsidering to buy

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
howardjohn
40C crawler
40C crawler

jd 350b condsidering to buy

Post by howardjohn » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:25 pm

Hello all, nice site good info. I was looking at a jd 350b with a 4 in 1 bucket and a winch on the rear. I have a couple of concerns about this model of machine.
1. Are the dry clutches as big of a problem as I have read? I was also told that if you stick a peice of wood or rope to keep pressure on the levers that this prevents them from sticking when the mchine is not used??
2. I was also told there is a peice of rubber in the drive line that can go, I am guessing from overstressing, and I am also told it is hard to change. Is this a common problem?
3. I have also read that these machines have reverser problems?
Does anyone know the break out force on a 350b. I have found specs on a 350 that says it is 7,000lbs and a 350c is 12,000lbs. Also the lift capacity? I know the 350 is rated at 4,000lbs. Any help would be appreciated Thanks Howard

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: jd 350b condsidering to buy

Post by Tigerhaze » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:08 am

howardjohn wrote:1. Are the dry clutches as big of a problem as I have read? I was also told that if you stick a peice of wood or rope to keep pressure on the levers that this prevents them from sticking when the mchine is not used??
Welcome to the board Howard. I can generally speak to dry clutches as I have them in my 2010. In my experience they are really only a problem if you use the machine infrequently, especially in a humid environment, or you allow water or oil to get in the housing. Moisture can cause surface rust on the steel plates and oil can cause slippage on the steels and swelling of the fiber discs. There are a number of discussions ion the archives here about preferences- there are advantages/disadvantages to both dry and wet clutches. I wouldn't shy away from them specifically because they are dry clutches, but would make sure you don't have problems with the dry clutches on the machine you are looking at.

As for the tieing back of levers, I started doing that a few years back after I had a couple issues with sticking. It seemed to work OK for a while but then I had one side seem to have springs give so I am not sure I would recommend that. The best approach is to keep the machine covered or preferably in humidity controlled garage or shed, and to use the machine periodically to keep everything working. That is good advice for any machinery.
howardjohn wrote: Does anyone know the break out force on a 350b. I have found specs on a 350 that says it is 7,000lbs and a 350c is 12,000lbs. Also the lift capacity? I know the 350 is rated at 4,000lbs.
JDEMaris reported that a 350B with a Drott 4 in 1 has a 8,800 lb breakout force and 7,600 lb lift capacity (see post at bottom):

http://www.jdcrawlers.com/messageboard/ ... t+capacity
(1) JD Straight 450 crawler dozer with manual outside blade; (2) JD 2010 diesel crawler loaders; (1) JD 2010 diesel dozer with hydraulic 6-way blade; (2) Model 50 backhoe attachments, misc. other construction equipment