Jd 450 parts ect.

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
saa
MC crawler
MC crawler

Jd 450 parts ect.

Post by saa » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:05 am

I have a 450 and was looking for a throttle push pull cable for a diesel other than the dealer. I also dont have the back hoe that the tractor was originally set up for, does anyone know what the counter weight should be with the hoe removed. Its a loader, and hard to operate with out the counter balance. Does anyone have parts to install power steering on the 450 I would be interested.

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: Jd 450 parts ect.

Post by Tigerhaze » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:24 am

saa wrote: II also dont have the back hoe that the tractor was originally set up for, does anyone know what the counter weight should be with the hoe removed.
I am not positive for a 450, but the 2010 loaders (predecessor for the 450 loader) used 5 counterweights (200 lbs each) when not carrying a rear attachment.
(1) JD Straight 450 crawler dozer with manual outside blade; (2) JD 2010 diesel crawler loaders; (1) JD 2010 diesel dozer with hydraulic 6-way blade; (2) Model 50 backhoe attachments, misc. other construction equipment

tjdub
440 crawler
440 crawler

Re: Jd 450 parts ect.

Post by tjdub » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:34 pm

saa wrote:I have a 450 and was looking for a throttle push pull cable for a diesel other than the dealer
Midwest Control should have the throttle cable for a fraction of Deere's price.

http://www.midwestcontrol.com/

I bought mine from Deere, but when I needed to get another one for the winch control, I found that place. I wish I would have found it sooner.

If I remember right, it's 1/4"-28, grooved, but I don't remember the length:

http://www.midwestcontrol.com/series.php?id=203

For what it's worth, the replacement throttle cable that Deere sold me was a few inches shorter than the the original one and had to be run over the clutch housing in a different place to reach, so if you measure your old one and it's an inch or two longer than the commodity one, that's probably the same one Deere is selling as the replacement.