82 350B crawler - 6 way

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
Scottyb
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Post by Scottyb » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:15 pm

Jeffs, then welcome to ownership. You will soon forget the purchase and be on to getting your new dozer ready to go. I paid over 3 times as much for my 350b, I had a big wind blow a mess and I needed a crawler ASAP. I forgot about the price as soon as we got to work. No regrets. I have made some much better buys since then.
I hope your unwanted noise turns out to be the isolator, a much easier fix than the reverser. My 350b will need isolator work at some point, when you shut it down, it clanks as it comes to a stop. Has not really got any worse in the past year so I am in no hurry to get it done. I idle it down very slow before shutting it down and it stops with less rattle. Runs just fine at working rpm's.

You have found the tag that shows it as a b? I thought I read that here, otherwise take a photo or two under the seat and that will give us a chance to confirm what you likely have. 350's no power assist steering, B's power assist and the C's something different looking yet. Some features drifted back and forward on early or late model dates but you can tell a lot from under the seat cushion.

Scott
450`s c-dozer 6 way, b-loader.
350`s c-loader + ripper, b-loader with winch arch. B-loader with dozer pads
backhoe attachment.
1010 loader with forks for round bales
a few 610 Bobcats. many attachments

KenP
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by KenP » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:45 pm

deleted
Last edited by KenP on Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No longer posting on JDCrawlers

Jeffs
40C crawler
40C crawler

Post by Jeffs » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:42 pm

Well guy's I got it home last night right in the middle of a nice winter storm. I can't imagine what the other people driving thought-idiot- lol. Anyway, it was terrible trying to get it loaded wouldn't load under it's own power so we had to winch it. This morning I checked it out a little more. The reverser's fluids black, can't tell if it smells burnt thanks to my new runny nose from last night festivities. I priced an insolator and ouch, won't be able to sit for a month after that one!! I checked under the seat and there are two cylinder/pistons alright. Are the cylinders themselves suppose to move? I realize the pistons should with the levers but the whole thing moves on both. It's literally froze on the trailer. When I put it in reverse it just about stalled and when i put it in forward it bogs just a bit and does nothing so not good!Thanks! Jeffs

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:45 am

Just curious which isolator you priced, the one with the springs, or the late style rubber torsional isolator?
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com

Jeffs
40C crawler
40C crawler

Post by Jeffs » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:20 pm

Lavoy, It was the one with springs. The dealer said theres 5 springs @ 54 bucks a piece and the isolator s a grand and he rattled of some other parts and pricing but I pretty much went deaf after that. Can I use the other style? To be honest, i wish i would have listened about buying this machine. I don't even know where to begin with this thing. Is pulling the motor the way to go or should i pull the back of the tractor apart? After reading and reading the archives, this reverser's beyond shot, The left side steer clutches were supposably replaced last year and just quit working along with power to the track. Hoping to just pull apart and replace minimum. The right side drives but steer's hard. I guess i need to get some manuals. I tried buying the downloadable one from Deere but the site said not availble. "????" odd! Thanks Jeffs

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:18 pm

I would not consider buying the isolator itself unless something is damaged on it. On my 350 I put in new springs and rotated the spring "mounts" or whatever you want to call them and it made a big difference.
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com

KenP
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by KenP » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:17 pm

deleted
No longer posting on JDCrawlers