450C HLR transmission steel tube routing?

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
larryd450c
MC crawler
MC crawler

450C HLR transmission steel tube routing?

Post by larryd450c » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:31 pm

Trying to find my trans oil pressure leak on my 450c I have inherited. Already replaced the o-rings on the two steel tubes running from front of transmission case to the clutch oil manifold. My question is are these tubes routed correctly? I have read they should cross however mine tubes do not cross they run top to top, bottom to bottom. The bottom tube runs from the bottom front trans case port to the lower port on the oil manifold then splits off to the ring gear, and the top runs from the top trans case port to upper port of the manifold without crossing. Does this sound correct? Could this be my low pressure problem? Any help on this would be much appreciated

larryd450c
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by larryd450c » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:28 pm

Ok so by the looks from the John Deere parts layout on the website the lines should cross, not sure just how accurate this is but i think i will go ahead and cross the lines and see what happens. I dont know what previous transmisson work was done but it has not had trans pressure since ive owned it so hopefully this is the problem. Still have to put it all back together but i will post the results.

larryd450c
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by larryd450c » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:01 pm

Well just for some closure on this issue after swapping the lines i now have trans pressure and all is working properly, the metal tubes inside the trans should cross. One is lube and one is pressure ,the lower port in the front trans case is pressure and should go to the upper port on the clutch manifold.

KenP
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by KenP » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:37 am

deleted
No longer posting on JDCrawlers