3 point hitch on a crawler??

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
howardjohn
40C crawler
40C crawler

3 point hitch on a crawler??

Post by howardjohn » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:51 pm

Hello all, I saw someone was asking about a 3 point hitch on a 350 crawler. I have seen a few old 350's for sale on the net with a 3 point hitch. Was this a factory option? Was it on all 350's, b&c? Loader and dozer? What about the 450's? The person also mentioned something about having a pto with the 3 point hitch to run a bush hog. I was under the impression that the pto was to run a backhoe and was 1000 rpm. Did they come with a 2 speed pto or a 540 pto? THanks for widening my knowledge Howard

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:28 pm

3PT was an option on 350's til the end of production as far as I know. Most commonly seen on dozers, and has been said on this board that they were never on loaders which is incorrect, owned one, seen several others.
PTO on 350 is 540 RPM at PTO speed on tach, 700RPM or so at full throttle. PTO was a PTO, nothing to do with backhoe, hyd pump for hoe was in same location as dozer or loader pump, just bigger cubic inch.
Don't have my 450 book any more, but seems to me it showed a 3PT, but could be wrong, I have never seen one that I recall.
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com