What Should I Pay for a JD 700H?

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
christopherjohnsons
MC crawler
MC crawler

What Should I Pay for a JD 700H?

Post by christopherjohnsons » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:32 am

A John Deere 700H is being listed for 95k on machinefinder.com. Is this a good deal? What does this model in good condition go for? Any help would be great, thanks. Here is the model: http://www.machinefinder.com/ww/en-US/machine/2476828

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Tigerhaze » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:51 pm

Welcome to the board.

It is difficult to fully answer your question because factors such as your location in the US (not shown in your profile) can also affect price as well as condition which is a big part of pricing.

I don't have the Construction Blue Book to directly answer your question. However I did go onto Ritchie Brothers website and looked at recent previous auction results for 2004 JD 700H's in North America and they are generally between $37K and $54K. Even after accounting for auction prices, a retail price of $96K seems a little high to me.

There are a few of us (not me) that purchase late model JD crawlers commercially so they should be in a better position to answer that than me.
(1) JD Straight 450 crawler dozer with manual outside blade; (2) JD 2010 diesel crawler loaders; (1) JD 2010 diesel dozer with hydraulic 6-way blade; (2) Model 50 backhoe attachments, misc. other construction equipment

digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by digitup2 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:37 pm

It's not a bad crawler in nice shape and has several options that will be handy But [and this is a Big but] look on the US side there is a lot of iron on your side of the border in need of a new home look on Market Book there are scads of 700H Deere's in the south I have one of these 700H's and am not too proud to say I own the dam thing we have had a lot of final drive problems and Deere stuck there head in the sand [or up there ass's I havn't figured out witch one]on proper repairs .A new 650K will out push that dozer slightly and I would rather run my 750J any day.I bought the 700H as I figured on the baby 6 cylinder would be good on fuel .Well it isn't and with it's final gear problems and the 750J getting as good of fuel economy I think that is a direction to look if it was me find a nice 750H if you are looking at that size it will push more dirt on as much fuel and work better and longer on a bullet proof drive system also you get a better ride on the 750 H so at the end of the day you will be able to walk to the truck rather than crawl to it.I have back problems and can put in a 15 hour day on the 750J any day but not the 700 H I got a air ride seat in the 750J as well [It was an option in the 700H]Look around it is a buyers market out there and don't let any sales man tell you different I have lost all faith in any dozer Deere makes and dosn't put a #50 in .Digitup.