FEL CONTROLS

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
speedbear
420 crawler
420 crawler

FEL CONTROLS

Post by speedbear » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:24 pm

The FEL control linkage on my 350 is pretty sloppy. Aside from trying to make bushings & such, is there an source to purchase new pieces/parts, or even a complete unit?

Hutch350B
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by Hutch350B » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:02 am

I have been thinking the same thing Speedbear, the old linkage on mine is so worn that by the time it makes contact I have over compensated and end up digging in or Im too late...mine is on a dozer but the principal is the same.
~Hutch
JD 350-B

speedbear
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by speedbear » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:40 am

Well, maybe between the two of us, we can find a solution. There has to more worn out units in service needing attention. I have the same problem. Too much or too little travel on the bucket, & no real control. I have a lathe which I can use to make the parts, but I'm not really enthused about spending time doing it.

speedbear
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by speedbear » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:57 pm

Hutch, I guess you & I are only two guys with worn out 350 controls!!!???
I would have thought some else would have found/thought up a solution.

CatD8RII
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by CatD8RII » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:21 am

This topic has come up before guys...

Anyway, on the dozer, John Deere still sells a kit, but its expensive. However there is a lot of stuff in the kit, and it's not like you aren't getting something for your money. You can also buy parts individually, but in my opinion it too is expensive.
That being said, if you can braze, and are fairly decent machining (or know someone who is), you can tighten up the linkage very nicely. Much of the slop comes from where the c-pins pivot. Another place to pay attention to is the bushing,bolt and washers that allow you to angle the blade.

Before

After

As for the loader, there is no kit from Deere, but you can get some of the pieces. You may also run into a problem where the end of the control valve spools are sloppy where the chain links go in them. The loaders use a bushing on the chain pin, there is not one on the dozer, however there is just enough room to make one if desired

Hope this helps.

Hutch350B
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by Hutch350B » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:52 am

Thank you Cat.... I had not done a search for this yet because it was kinda down my list of things to do on the dozer today LOL I havent had my 350B very long yet and there is a LOT of stuff that needs attention that I didnt really know to look for when I bought the dozer....guess you live and you learn LOL

Very nice pics by the way, and fine work too. Hopefully this winter I will get to some of these niceties on mine. Right now I am playing catch up on the maintenance that has been let go. Just bought all the filters, 303 and oil to change all the fluids out. It needs a set of clutches and I still have a overheating problem if I work it very hard...probably a cracked liner. The head gasket got rid of the bubbles in the radiator and the drastic overheating but it still has problems..... :( Expensive lessons.
~Hutch
JD 350-B

speedbear
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by speedbear » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:25 am

What is the adjustable linkage piece called? Mine has the ball/socket unit that is easily replaced, if I can find one. That's for the info. I too, am very new to the JD crawler family.

speedbear
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by speedbear » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:48 am

It appears you used roll pins. How much clearance did you allow & in which part does the pin pivot?

CatD8RII
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by CatD8RII » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:28 pm

Deere uses c pins from the factory, so thats what we put back in. See one of Leonards posts if you want to discuss the whole roll pin, c pin, spring pin thing :lol: .It really depends on which joint as to where the pins are driven in or pivot. My pins were all tight where they were driven in, just really loose where they pivot. There are also a few different size pins, so you'll have to size your drill accordingly.
Last edited by CatD8RII on Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikeintn
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by mikeintn » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:14 pm

I just done mine on 350B dozer, it wasnt that bad after you get into it, just like been said a drill and new roll pins next size bigger , I used a Farmall Cub polit bushing to replace the one around the handle, the inside dia. was just right only had to turn the outside down alittle, very happy with the way it turned out :D , almost like new. Mike
Michael

rolandj
40C crawler
40C crawler

Re: FEL CONTROLS

Post by rolandj » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:58 am

hi just wondering if anyone has the part number from JD for the 350 dozer controls. mine are sloppy and it drives me nuts Thanks

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: FEL CONTROLS

Post by Jim B » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:10 am

rolandj,

I put the link to the JD on line parts catalog site in my last reply to your post about your fuel filters. Click on that link to open the parts homepage. Enter 350 in the model search box and do a search. It will give you a list of equipment having 350 in the title, select the 350 crawler. Or If you are certain you have a straight 350 enter PC921 in the search box and it will go directly to that parts catalog for the crawler. The controls for the dozer blade will be in PC915 if you have a 6way blade. The 350 crawlers and dozers blades used separate catalogs. If your blade is not the # 6300 inside 6 way blade (manual angle and tilt), you will need to ID it to get the right parts catalog. # 6305 blade (full hydraulic, inside blade) is PC916 and # 6310 outside blade is PC917. If you open the respective parts catalog and scroll down to the introduction section of each catalog there will be a picture and description to help you ID the blade.

Another suggestion, start a new post for your questions, unless the post you are looking at is related and current, rather than tag on to a 6 year old post. If you want to reference the old post do it as a link to the old post then people don't have to look through the whole thing to get to your post.