Backhoe trouble shooting help suggestions requested

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
srshaw3
430 crawler
430 crawler

Backhoe trouble shooting help suggestions requested

Post by srshaw3 » Sun May 05, 2013 3:14 pm

Last year the backhoe on my 450B crawler was working and then blew a main hose.

I couldn't find a matching coupler, so I replaced all four hoses from the crawler to the backhoe, and the backhoe would only move slowly and with little apparent power.

I did try and swap the hoses around, in case I installed them incorrectly, and am pretty confident they are installed properly now.

Right now the backhoe is not connected to the dozer.
What is the suggested approach to trouble shooting this?

Thank you for your suggestions in advance :)
"It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes."
Thomas Jefferson

KenP
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by KenP » Sun May 05, 2013 6:36 pm

deleted
Last edited by KenP on Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No longer posting on JDCrawlers

srshaw3
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by srshaw3 » Sun May 05, 2013 6:59 pm

KenP wrote:My suggestion is that you start with the Deere Service Manual for your backhoe.
That was my second choice :roll:
I do have the manual, but expect the common knowledge here might get me to where I needed to be quicker.
Thomas Jefferson

digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by digitup2 » Sun May 05, 2013 9:20 pm

Check to see if they didn't over crimp a hose or you have a collapsed hose I have had several hoses collapse when made and spent hours trying to figure out the flow problem this is what we bought a video scope for and it works great If you don't have a video scope see if you can find a mechanic with one and go in from both ends on the hose if it is too short for the full length of the hose .Heck one hose even collapsed two years after it was installed so watch that.Digitup.

srshaw3
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by srshaw3 » Mon May 06, 2013 3:59 am

digitup2 wrote:Check to see if they didn't over crimp a hose or you have a collapsed hose I have had several hoses collapse when made and spent hours trying to figure out the flow problem this is what we bought a video scope for and it works great If you don't have a video scope see if you can find a mechanic with one and go in from both ends on the hose if it is too short for the full length of the hose .Heck one hose even collapsed two years after it was installed so watch that.Digitup.
I installed the hoses, and they are stout enough it would be tough to crimp. I did worry about whether the quick connect couplers might be restrictive but was assured by the hose builder they are correct.

Thank you for the thoughts.

I am wondering if there is a reasonably priced pressure gauge setup I can get to test pressures...
Thomas Jefferson