It's hard to admit failure

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
MattE
430 crawler
430 crawler

It's hard to admit failure

Post by MattE » Mon May 06, 2013 6:43 am

Put the reverser and motor back in this weekend. Fired right up slipped it into forward and... nothing happened. Same with reverse. Looked down by the clutch and oil was hemorrhaging by the frame rail. It's not coming from the valve body or either of the cooling hoses. I have no idea where it is coming from, or why nothing happens. I hate to say it but it's got to come back apart.

I would have felt a lot better if it would have at least tried to move. Or if I could tell where the oil is coming from since there shouldn't be anything for it to leak from there.

77 Ford
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by 77 Ford » Mon May 06, 2013 7:20 am

That's terrible and I certainly feel for you. I just replaced some hoses on the loader arm and now I have a leak in that area. It's nothing like pulling a motor/reverser but it's going to set me back 4 to 6 hours of hard work I'd guess.

Just like you I cant even tell which fitting is leaking so I'll probably take it all apart and just put it back together and hope for better results.

It seems like sometimes no matter how hard you try these old machines are just stubborn and reject repairs to make them better! What really gripes me is that my repair was preventive maintenance.

Hang in there, we're all pulling for you.
JD- 450C track loader
Serial #208336T

MarkW
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by MarkW » Tue May 07, 2013 9:14 am

Another sympathetic person here! Nothing like forgetting/overlooking some tiny piddling little thing and then putting anything from 1/2 to a couple days of labor into it, then finding out you not only wasted that time but the new time needed to get back to where you were....