350C reverser radiator core blew and mixed hydro oil & H

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
VT350C
420 crawler
420 crawler

350C reverser radiator core blew and mixed hydro oil & H

Post by VT350C » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:29 pm

All,

Thanks to all for their previous help. Well after a full engine rebuild and radiator core 1 year ago (about 100 hours of use), I have now come to the 100% conclusion that my radiator core for the reverser hydraulic fluid cooling system blew and my coolant and completely fouled up my Reverser System on my JD 350C crawler. Luckily, the transmission and hydraulic system have separate reservoirs, so only reverser system is polluted....

Needless to say my mechanic is going to fix things and contact the radiator recore person to see why it either wasn't recored in the first place or whether the reverser circuit was never pressure tested.

My big huge question is: How does one flush the reverser system to make sure no water remains? I think my mechanic is going to use transmission fluid and diesel/kerosene a couple times. Is this OK? Next question is...I have run the unit hard for about 100-150 hours in the past 12 months with this crappy mix of coolant/H20/hydro oil...What long-term impact will this have on the Reverser system (control valve, pump, et. al.)?

Your wisdom is very helpful...My biggest fear is that my reverser will fail now with this water/coolant damage...

Thanks!
Bob
John Deere 350C with 6-way and winch
John Deere 302A Loader, Backhoe and 3pt.
John Deere Backhoe 9250A - 4pt frame mount
Kubota B7100 HST with Loader
MEP002A Military Diesel Generators
MEP003A Military Diesel Generators