Nice rebuild on a 450B

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Nice rebuild on a 450B

Post by digitup2 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:39 pm

Here is a nice rebuild on a family heirloom at 35 grand they did one heck of a rebuild it look as good as new I kind of agree with him as to rebuilding the machine his dad owned and he spent a lot of time running This is the same time frame as my family owned 450B dozer and I spent a lot of days running our trim dozer heck I often wish I had grabbed our old 450B I do know where it is so I should look into buying it .Digitup. http://www.deere.com/en_US/media/player ... =true&b=cf

mikeintn
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by mikeintn » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:43 pm

That is a nice looking job on that 450B, I have the same year [ 1973 ] 350B that I just done a rebuild on, that 450 looks much heavier.

You should look into maybe getting your old one back, never know may get a good deal on it :D
Michael

digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by digitup2 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:06 pm

I found it several years ago in the truck trader .He says to me Ya when I got it I had to rebuild the power shift and the motor then the tracks were gone so I had to do them then had rear end problems and rebuilt the final drives He looks at me like I had dumped on him and says why did you sell it I didn't have the hart to tell him better him than me .It had a set of hooks on the front for the root rake to quick hitch so I knew it was mine he has the rake as well so I should get all of it he is talking about selling in a year or so I have been in several times trying to buy it but I think he needs it for entertainment purposes at this point.I sure know what it should look like when done rebuilding it from the end of that video I remember working the paint off the blade from new the John Deere sticker was right in the middle of the blade those years I have no idea why they put it on there but it argued with clay for weeks before buggering off .Digitup.