455G

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
tje
420 crawler
420 crawler

455G

Post by tje » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:12 pm

Couple questions:

1) My transmission filter idiot light went on when I cranked it up after sitting idle in the field for a few month. Before I shut it down I had only run the machine about 40 hours since the transmission filter and fluid was changed. I changed the filter and the light went out but wondered if this may be a sign of a problem?

2) On the right side bucket hydraulic cylinder there is a mechanism which I use to tell when the bucket is level but it has a wire going to it which is not attached. I was figuring on hooking it up to see what it does. Anyone know what it does? Not sure if it is standard equipment or the last owner installed it.

Thanks,
Tom

jtrichard
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by jtrichard » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:00 pm

#2 is most likely a return to dig/level look to see if the is a solenoid on the loader valve on my case loader you pull the lever all the way to the left for curl back and it locks then when the switch like you have is triggered it pops back to the neutral position and its at the proper level to load again
2010 with 622 dozer with mod. 35 ripper and a 2010 with 622 dozer bought in 1969 and a 2010 loader with drott and mod. 36 ripper

digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by digitup2 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:03 pm

#1 What temperature was the weather at when you started the crawler ? The reason I ask this the G series needed to be warmed up to shut down that light and on cold days it took a long time to go off and #2 This is the Return To Dig power wire if you want RTD (Return To Dig) then see if a switch is near the end of the position rod /sensing shaft or show us a pick of what you have in the sensing shaft tube area there should be a switch or a magnetic sensor on the rod end ?. Is the position rod in place ?. There should be a solenoid on the bottom of the loader lift valve also . The sensor kicks the solenoid on the loader valve when the position is right for bucket to be level or close to it .Some remove this RTD feature if they have a clam bucket on the machine .We have put a switch on our Backhoes with 4 in one buckets to turn on RTD when needed only.Digitup.

tje
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by tje » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:04 pm

Thanks for the responses.

I think it was in the 40's when I cranked it up after probably 10-12 weeks sitting in the field. I did let it run for maybe 20 minutes and the hydraulic light, which was on went off but not the transmission filter light. I changed the transmission filter and the light went out but then had to shut it down on work on another project. I'll keep an eye on it and hope it stays off and if its real cold I'll make sure it warms up.

I think I have all the parts for the return to dig with magnetic switch etc and the wire just isn't hooked up. I'll try and get some pictures uploaded to make sure before I go to rewiring it. Its not clear how it was wired since it's apart and am unsure if the last owner used it or just abandoned it for some reason.